Social Worker X3 Permanent and Fixed Term
Provide a high quality social work service to children; young people and their families in a timely manner and within statutory guidelines. Be accountable for work undertaken with children and families, which includes assessing needs; assessing risk; planning and delivering outcome focused interventions to safeguard children and young people.
If you require any further information relating to these posts, please contact Scott McCallum on .
- BA Social Work qualification or equivalent DipSW, CQSW and SSSC registration.
The job holder also needs to be able to demonstrate an understanding or experience of:
- Legal frameworks and the local authority’s statutory responsibilities relevant to the service area;
- National and local practice, policy, procedure and legislation relevant to the post;
- Have knowledge and understanding of a range of systemic interventions and methodologies such as attachment, child development, systemic support, relationship-based approach, motivational interviewing techniques and the impact of trauma.
- Post-qualifying experience working with children and families;
- Child Welfare and Protection Certificate, or demonstrate a commitment to work towards it;
- Joint Investigative Interview Certificate, or demonstrate a commitment to work towards it.
- A working knowledge of motivational interviewing techniques.
Applicants should indicate on their application form the post/s they are applying for.
CLOSING DATE: 3 October 2018
INTERVIEW DATE: 19 October 2018Job Advert
Position Title: Social Worker X 3
Directorate: Education, Communities and Economy
Location: Midlothian Children and Families Centre, Eskdail Court, Dalkeith
Contract Status: 1 permanent post & 2 fixed term posts
Hours of Work: Permanent Post: 20 hours (Children and Families 12+ Team)
2 x Fixed Term Posts until 30 April 2019: 36 hours (Children and Families 0-12 Team)
Working Pattern: Standard Mon – Fri for 36 hours post
Other post to be negotiated
Weeks per year: 52
Please note that it is Midlothian Councils policy that successful applicants will be appointed to the first point on the salary scale.
Based on you working 36 hours over 52 weeks per year the minimum actual salary for this position is £32,253.50 per annum.
Based on you working 20 hours over 52 weeks per year the minimum actual salary for this position is £17,918.61 per annum.
This post is considered Regulated Work with Children under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007. Therefore, it is an offence to apply if you are barred from working with children.
Successful candidates will require PVG Scheme membership for Regulated Work with Children, You will be required to join the Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check prior to commencing employment with Midlothian Council, the cost of which will be met by you.For further information on the PVG Scheme please visit
If you have difficulty applying for this post or accessing attached documents, or if you have a disability and reasonable adjustment is required, please callto speak to a member of the Recruitment Team stating the post reference number.
Midlothian Council is currently undergoing a period of transformation, changing and improving the way it delivers services in Midlothian. As a consequence, there are a number of existing employees for whom we are committed to seeking suitable alternative employment within the Council in accordance with our legal obligations. Candidates are advised that, for some vacancies, internal candidates in this situation will be interviewed before the wider selection pool and a slightly longer delay may be experienced before application outcomes can be advised to you. Thank you for your patience in this matter.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'