Social Worker - Transitions - Redbridge - £28ph
The London Borough of Redbridge is currently looking for a Social Worker to join their Transition Team. The job will mostly be reviewing the cases of young people between 18 to 25 and completing Transition Assessments on 17 year olds. The may need to complete panel requests and present cases to the Resource Allocation Panel. Also where there are concerns for the young people they may need to manage these with support. The aim is to transfer all the 18+ cases to Adult Social Services.
Benefits of a Transitions Social Worker:
- Potential for long term contract
- Supportive team and management
- Interesting case load
As a Transitions Social Worker your duties will include:
- To hold a case load of exclusively transition cases.
- To work under the direction of the Transition workstream Senior Social Worker, the Team Manager, the Service Manager and the Head of Disabilities.
- To progress cases of service users from Children Services to Adult Services.
- To work jointly with Special Education Needs Co-ordinators re. funding matters in cases where joint funding is required.
- To work jointly with Health services within the integrated Community Team for People with Learning Disabilities.
- To attend meetings/set up meetings relevant to the actions needed to be undertaken and to draw holistic support plans with all relevant stakeholders.
- The ability to work closely with families and service users and to promote their views as well as their wellbeing in all interventions.
- To raise and/or manage safeguards raised on any case allocated and to address all relevant matters.
- To be an active part of a vibrant and skilled Transition workstream where other colleagues have extensive experience in this field.
- To present cases at the weekly Risk Panel when needed to request funding for new cases/amended care packages and in this process to be fluent with the cases presented, to be thorough in knowledge of those cases and detailed in relation to understanding of what is required for service user.
- To be able to approach Line Management to discuss complex cases to avoid isolated working and promote sharing of skills and knowledge.
As a Transitions Social Worker you should have:
- Experience working in an adult social work post qualified role
- Previous experience of safeguarding investigations
- Fair Access to Care Services knowledge
- Experience of completing reviews and assessments
- Involvement in handling complex caseloads
- Familiarity of the mental capacities act
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Car Driver
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice Weekly Pay Roll
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with "My Liquid Rewards"
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place
- "Find your own job" bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Free social work training events and CPD webinars
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
- social work
- social worker
- adults community