Your new organisation
Hays are recruiting for key staff members within Haringey Council's Children and Young People's Services. In particular, we are looking for ambitious and passionate social workers who are looking for a fresh challenge, with the ability to positively impact the lives of children and families in Haringey.
The opportunities are open to both permanent and locum applicants.
Working for Haringey - Video Link
Your new role
You will join a busy but supportive team. You will undertake assessments (initial and core) referred from the MASH team and hold short-term child protection cases which will require decisions of initial interventions, including the development of outcomes-based intervention plans. Haringey is committed to "signs of safety" and need exceptional social workers who are also committed to embedding this model of working.
The structure of the Referral & Assessment Service includes five team managers, five senior practitioners and nineteen social workers managed by the Service Manager of Safeguarding and Support.
All team managers provide ongoing personal development and support through regular supervision.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to have:
- Current valid HCPC registration
- Experience in children's social work
- Experience in formulating care plans and working with children on Child Protection Plans
- Passion & ambition to provide the best decisions and care for children & families
What you'll get in return
Working with Hays, you will receive a bespoke specialist recruitment service with your own personal consultant. In addition, you will receive:
- Access to highly commended Free CPD Training
- Free DBS Service
- Referral Scheme, £250 for each referral placed
- Access to both Nationwide and Global social work opportunities
- Your own choice of method of pay - PAYE, Ltd, Umbrella
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Jessica Zhang now on .
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.