We are looking for a Social Worker to join our Permanency Service at a time of exciting and positive change.
As a Social Worker in Permanency, you will undertake family finding for specific children and provide support to birth parents pre- and post-placement. You will recruit, train and assess prospective adopters, and write and present reports to the Adoption and Permanency panel, court and other forums. In addition you will assess, provide and review adoption support; organise and provide advice, support, counselling and mentoring. You will liaise with other agencies including health, education and schools and provide support/ advice on their role in supporting adopted children. You will work collaboratively with colleagues within the local authority and from other statutory and independent agencies.
We are an award-winning social enterprise created by Kingston and Richmond Councils in 2014, and responsible for delivering the entirety of both boroughs’ children’s services.
We have been up and running for three years, and in that time we have established a reputation as one of the leading children’s services providers in the country. We are one of the Department for Education’s eight 'Partners in Practice’, tasked with leading improvement across the sector. What we’re looking for
You will be passionate about making a positive difference to the lives of children and young people as well as demonstrating the following points
- Work with children and young people, families, carers and communities to formulate care plans in partnership, based on their assessment of need, enabling them to clarify and express their needs and contribute to their planning.
- Skills to investigate concerns regarding a child or young person’s safety or wellbeing.
- Ability to make an assessment of risk and protective factors and decide on the most appropriate course of action.
Our client was recently named as Social Work Employer of the Year for 2016 at the prestigious Social Worker of the Year awards ceremony, beating off competition from local authorities and national agencies to win the award. We were recognised for our work to encourage innovation and empower staff, building a strong team spirit, and investing in staff development.
As a social enterprise owned by two local authorities, we offer the freedoms of a social enterprise with the employment benefits of local government. We offer a range of excellent staff benefits, including generous annual leave entitlements, cycle to work scheme, annual season ticket loan, childcare vouchers, and discounts on a range of local shops, restaurants, gyms and leisure centres and much more.
The successful candidate will have access to;
- Direct work with children and young people
- Excellent learning and development opportunities and schemes of support
- A competitive and desirable retention package (to include a generous local government pension scheme)
- Retention of continuous service benefits, for those moving from a local government post
- A clear progression path when key qualification milestones are reached
- Tools and models to support practice, including Signs of Safety
- Reflective supervision from an experienced management team