Social Worker - Mental Health Team - £35,000
Social Worker for the Mental Health Team
A fantastic opportunity for a Qualified Social Worker has emerged to work in Mental Health Team in East London. This will be a full-time perm position paying a generous annual salary package between £30,000 to £35,000 per annum.
- Undertake comprehensive needs-led assessments under the Care Act 2014 and prepare, implementing and the monitoring of care plans
- Working with service users and their families/carers
- Attending and participating effectively in supervision by team leader/senior practitioner on regular basis in accordance with Directorate policies
- Co-working effectively with other professionals including attending multidisciplinary case discussions and team meetings
- Recording information accurately in line with ECC and SEPT policies
- Expected to be committed to continuous workplace learning through organisations and attendance at social care forums and meetings
- Any other duties as may A full valid driving license and car available for business use or access to a car and driver reasonably be required
- Ensure social care services are commissioned with best value and personalised outcomes in mind and ensure that social care funded packages are reviewed on a regular basis in a robust way.
- To contribute to the commissioning and provision of effective after-care services, including those required under s117 MHA, Care Act 2014 and CPA.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Degree in Social Work
- HCPC registered
- Evidence of continuing professional development / post qualifying training relevant to the post.
- Experience within an Adult Mental Health environment. Proven ability to undertake Mental Health assessments
- Experience of delivering public services in a complex, multi-disciplinary environment and ability to implement and maintain high quality of service delivery, with knowledge of relevant legislation, statutory guidance and policy (incl. Care Act, MHA, MCA / DoLs)
- Experience of working in a political environment, skills in understanding and responding to different perspectives and taking a cross organisational perspective.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to advocate on behalf of clients
- Evidence of ability to work as part of a team and ability to contribute to the development of services as part of a wider team
- This role will require you to undertake AMHP training and once qualified to be active on the AMHP rota
- Proven ability to meet timescales and deadlines and maintain high quality service delivery.
If you are interested in this excellent role or in other qualified social work positions please email CV's - alternatively, recommend a family member, friend or colleague and receive £250 if we successfully place them!
Tempest resourcing delivers peerless recruitment service in Social work and Education. Working with us will offer you a number of benefits including:
* Your own dedicated personal consultant keeping you up to date with new opportunities
* Access to the widest variety of social work jobs across 180 authorities and private organisations throughout the UK