We are currently recruiting a qualified Social Worker to work within Blackpool Council; working within Children and Family services for the assessment and support team. This role is currently home based but may require some assessment visits.
Full Time -
Pay dependant on exp.
Driver preferred but not essential.
The ideal candidate will have:
*A proven track record, experience of working and managing a caseload of child in need, child protection and assessing complex children and young people's needs in Children's Services.
*Social Work qualification Dip SW, BA (Hons) and/or Masters in Social Work.
*Social Work England Registration
*You will also need to have the Eligibility to Work in the UK, The post is subject to enhanced DBS disclosure.
*Enthusiastic to work within a team and independently with a manageable caseload and a good level of opportunities for career progression and training.
*Demonstrate an ability to build high quality relationship with children and families and across Children's Services with internal and external partners.
*Effectively discharge Local Authority Statutory duties in relation to: Children in need; Children in need of protection; Children looked after and subject to care proceedings;
*To promote the welfare of children and young people in accordance with relevant legislation as appropriate.
*An ability to work under pressure to deliver quality services to children and their families, with an ability to work through a complex and varied work and prioritise where necessary.
*Demonstrate an understanding of the need to work in partnership with service users and their families to promote positive outcomes for children.
*To provide support, guidance, advice and services to families to ensure that issues of concern identified in the assessment are addressed in a timely manner and that the needs of the child are reassessed and reviewed as appropriate.
*Ensure that assessments support the development and implementation of packages of care or protection which are linked to achieving better outcomes for children.
*To work as part of a multi-agency team to deliver the appropriate plan to children on caseload
*Attend and contribute professionally to meetings with children and their families, and other professionals involved within support, and represent the local authority within care proceedings.
* Attendance and contribution to Multi Agency meetings, demonstrates an ability to work towards packages of care, support and protection. Prepare written reports for such meetings.
* Demonstrate an understanding of both policies and procedures with regards to undertaking the work within safeguarding and support.
* To be aware of and actively promote Blackpool Council's vision and values.
The benefits of working with at Service Care Solutions:
* You will receive a £150 joining bonus after completing 4 weeks of your first
assignment with us
* Free umbrella service for new candidates
* You will receive a dedicated and personal consultant with a vast knowledge of social work
* We provide frequent updates of new opportunities via text and email
* We are a nationwide supplier of Social Work staff to over 200 local authorities
which means we have a wide variety of exclusive roles based all over the country
* We have an expert payroll service which is processed twice a week
At Service Care Solutions we also offer a £250 bonus for referrals! If you think you know someone who would be ideal for this role and they are placed in the job you will then receive £250 at the end of their probationary period.
To apply for this role, or to refer someone else, then please do not hesitate to contact Chris at Service Care Solutions on or email with your CV.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'