Social Worker - Family Support & Protection Team
£27,500 to £35,000 per annum
Full time, 37 hours per week
An exciting opportunity to join the Family, Support & Protection in Colchester as a qualified Social Worker
Job Purpose Summary
Managing a defined caseload, the social worker is responsible for working effectively with children, young people and families/carers to achieve positive change and improved outcomes. This includes enquiry, assessment, purposeful intervention through direct work and review in relation to Child Protection, Child in Need and Children Looked After, achieving permanency through care for Children in Care.
Why work with Family Support and Protection in Colchester
- Teams are based locally in the town centres.
- Local parking for staff, car parking permits provided.
- Great team morale, friendly, helpful, supportive colleagues.
- Permanent Managers in both areas who are supportive, encouraging and available.
- Both teams encourage co working senior Social Workers link with more junior staff to offer great learning and development opportunities.
- Great training pathways for staff, encouragement to all staff for their continual professional development, to include progression.
- Good working relationships with other Professionals, step down processes to partner agencies embedded.
- Staff are provided with monthly reflective supervision
- We are passionate about the use of systemic thinking/practice in interventions
Family Support & Protection
Family Support and Protection works with families with long term complex issues that are most in need and require sustained intervention for more than 3 months, children subject to child protection plans. This includes reviewing and updating assessments, supporting families to achieve change, Special Guardianship Order assessments, Section 7 court reports, working with children subject to court proceedings who are at home or children subject to Supervision orders.
Why not check out what our current team have to say about working in Family Support and Protection Charlotte Pope - Social Worker
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
- you'll be a DIPSW
- <DIV><DIV><B><FONT size=2>What you'll need to join our Social Work teams</FONT></B></DIV><DIV><FONT size=2>To play a key part in transforming the live
- CSS or equivalent graduate. This will be back
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job