Social Worker for Parental Assessment Centre
We are an experienced children's residential care home provider based in the East Midlands, looking open a new residential family assessment centre in Northampton.
Our aim is to offer the highest quality parenting assessments, which we want to be robust and evidence-based, with the child firmly at the heart of every assessment.
In addition to assessments, we will provide nurturing, individually tailored support programmes to help parents provide 'good enough' parenting.
Our placements will offer two levels of formal parenting assessment:
- Social Work qualified assessments aligned to the framework for assessing children and families in need.
- Social Work qualified PAMS assessments.
We are currently looking for a number of people to be involved in this project, including:
- A responsible individual.
- A Registered Manager to open and run the assessment centre (5-bedded).
- Two Assessing Social Workers to support and assess parent and child placements.
The Ofsted registered Responsible Individual will have organisational responsibility for the operation of the home. We expect this to be 1-2 days of time per week.
The Registered Manager will run the day-to-day operation of the home and guide the assessments. This is a full-time role.
Assessing Social Workers will be responsible for examining and observing the nature of the interactions between the child, family and environment, and will be key in helping make sound recommendations around future planning. These are full time roles.
Brief overview of activities/responsibilities:
- Carrying out court directed assessments within controlled time frames.
- Undertaking ongoing risk assessments of families, acting decisively to protect children.
- Building appropriate professional working relationships, working in partnership with families advising and supporting parents in the care of their child(ren).
- Maintaining a consistently high level of observation, recording, interaction, communication, and assessment of families' interaction, need, parental motivation and daily events within the centre.
- Liaising with other professionals and providing timely and detailed records as required.
- Attending meetings and participating in and producing progress reports.
- Attending court and giving evidence as required.
- Supporting the Unit Manager in the supervision of a team of support workers.
Keywords: Social Worker | Mother and Baby Unit | Parental Assessment | PAMS | Family Assessment | Case File | Support | Framework | Reporting | Records | Observation | Interaction | Communication | SWE | Child Protection | Progress Reports | OfstedBenefits
Full benefits.Essential Skills
You will be / have:
- A qualified social worker.
- SWE registered.
- Prior experience of working within child protection.
- Prior experience within children's services and a good understanding of the court arena.
- Experience of writing parenting assessments.
- Experience of presenting assessments / evidence in a pressured court environment (ideal).
- A car owner / driver.
This is an excellent opportunity help create a new and important service. Not only will it allow you to help define/create the service, but we are also happy to set this up as a brand new, separate organisation and discuss a partnership model (i.e. the manager and/or RI being part-owner of the assessment centre).
- Social Worker | Mother and Baby Unit | Parental Assessment | PAMS | Family Assessment | Case File | Support | Framework | Reporting | Records | Observ
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'