The Essex Recruitment Team (ERT) is the contracted recruitment partner for Essex County Council (ECC) and has been on site since 2008 - Registering with ERT will give you direct access to all ECC vacancies.
An exciting opportunity for a social worker to work in North Essex to undertake assessments including Special Guardianship and viability assessments on a range of case across North Essex, with the possibility of holding a small case load. The primary focus of this interim position is to support the allocated social workers by undertaking these pieces of work.
The role requires you to be mobile throughout a wide operational area including travelling around the county of Essex and beyond, transporting service users and their belongings and to be able to do so in an emergency. Driving licence and car or the ability to meet the mobility requirements of the role through other means is essential.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit:
Please note that Essex County Council has determined that the off-payroll working rules will apply to this assignment and where a worker elects to provide their services through an intermediary (such as a personal services company) then income tax and primary national insurance contributions will be deducted at source from any payments made to the intermediary.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Diploma or Degree in Social Work, CQSW, CSS or equivalent
- Registration with the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC) as Registered Social Worker
- Demonstrable capability of practice in accordance with current professional standards eg Professional Capability Framework (PCF), Knowledge & Skills Statement (KSS)
- Case recording
- Demonstrate ability in the application of SW knowledge, using emotional intelligence, analytical skills and act with confidence in challenging social and family situations.
- A good working knowledge and ability to use information technology and related systems eg, Word, SW case recording systems
- Required to work flexibly as required, including evenings and weekends if necessary.
- Required to be mobile throughout a wide operational area including travelling around the County of Essex and beyond, transporting service users and their belongings and to be able to do so in an emergency. Driving licence and car or ability to meet the mobility requirements of the role through other means is essential.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please contact the Essex Recruitment Team on *.
*Calls to this number will cost 7 pence per minute plus your telephone company's access charge
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
- <p style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN-TOP: 0px"><b><font face="Arial" size="2">Knowledge
- Skills and Experience</font></b></p><p style="margin-top:0px;margin-bottom:0px"></p><ul type="disc"><li><font face="Arial" size="2">Diploma or D