Social Worker - Domestic Violence Specialist (MARAT Team)
Salary from £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
Full time contract - 37 hours a week
Our Children and Families function delivers direct provision of services relating to vulnerable children, young people and complex families. These services will be delivered against specifications set by the Education function in line with the council's overarching outcomes. You will be a member of the Children and Families Hub based in Colchester. The role will be within the Multi Agency Risk Assessment Team (MARAT) located in County Hall, Chelmsford reporting to a Senior Practitioner with oversight from a Children and Families Hub Team Manager.
The position sits within Essex MARAT (Multi-Agency Risk Assessment Team) and includes:
- Triage of all high risk and ungraded domestic violence incidents received from Essex Police within 24 hours of receipt
- Liaise with social workers and Family Solutions workers on cases that are open in order to request their contribution to MARAC (Multi-Agency Risk Assessment Conference) meetings
- Be available to share information on behalf of CSC (Children's Social Care) and Family Solutions at the daily MARAC meetings and share information that is relevant and proportionate
- Be available to attend team meetings for field social workers and educate on the MARAC process if requested
- To be familiar with Southend, Essex and Thurrock procedures in relation to Honour Based Abuse
- To work efficiently in a multi-agency setting
- To act as a liaison between field workers and other agencies in the context of MARAC
Why work for our team in Chelmsford?
- Excellent and regular supervision (case/development/reflective/systemic)
- We have regular structured peer supervisions as well as informal supervisions
- Team managers are committed to ensuring that their staff have a good work/life balance and their workers' wellbeing is a priority
- We have a mix of abilities in the team from ASYE to senior practitioners and we can share knowledge and development
- Chelmsford has mainline rail links to London thus travel is easy. The location means that social work in Chelmsford has both rural and urban locations
- The community is very diverse and the services users reflect this, the work we do is varied
- We work hard to ensure that caseloads are manageable which allows time for direct work with families, using strength and relationship based models of working
- We have unique senior practitioner and duty senior roles that support development and progression of social workers through the service
- Essex have a flexible working policy programme that, where possible, fits with family life and work life balance
- There is the opportunity to enhance your experience in court work as well as child protection and child in need practice policies and procedures
What you'll need to join our Social Work teams
To play a key part in transforming the lives of children and families, you'll be a DIPSW, CQSW, CSS or equivalent graduate. This will be backed up by post-qualification experience as a children's social worker. Open to change and ready to innovate, you will be keen to join an environment where you can stretch yourself professionally, make an impact individually and deliver positive outcomes collaboratively.
Qualification certificates must be brought to interview.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all of its employees, including:
- A Local Government pension scheme
- Interest free bus and rail season ticket loans, from £100-£5,000 as well as pool bikes and a car sharing scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Annual leave entitlement of up to 29 days per year (depending upon grade and length of service)
- Excellent opportunities for personal and professional development through our specialist learning and development teams
- Extensive induction programmes
- Continued service benefits
- Staff discounts in gyms/travel agencies/car sales/restaurants and days out
Please note ECC regularly reviews its reward and benefits
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please contact the Essex Recruitment Team on *.
*Calls to this number are charged in the same way as calls to numbers starting 01 or 02, please check with your service provider
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
- <p style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN-TOP: 0px"></p><div><b><font size="2" face="Arial">What you'll need to join our Social Work teams</font></b></div>
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job