We are looking for a Social Worker to join our Disabled Children’s Service at a time of exciting and positive change.
As a Social Worker in the Disabled Children’s Team, you will be a part of a dynamic and responsive team working with disabled children and their families. You will cover all aspects of children's social work from assessment and analysis, through to long term planning. There is a strong emphasis on multi agency working and strong links with services providing support to children and families in need of early intervention.
What we’re looking for
You will be passionate about making a positive difference to the lives of children and young people as well as demonstrating the following points
- Joint working with other professionals to undertake a holistic assessment of children and their families in accordance with the Framework for the Assessment of Children in Need and their Families and to timescales.
- Use of a range of interventions, as agreed with Team Manager, to engage children and families in working towards objectives of their Care Plans.
Our client was recently named as Social Work Employer of the Year for 2016 at the prestigious Social Worker of the Year awards ceremony, beating off competition from local authorities and national agencies to win the award. We were recognised for our work to encourage innovation and empower staff, building a strong team spirit, and investing in staff development.
As a social enterprise owned by two local authorities, we offer the freedoms of a social enterprise with the employment benefits of local government. We offer a range of excellent staff benefits, including generous annual leave entitlements, cycle to work scheme, annual season ticket loan, childcare vouchers, and discounts on a range of local shops, restaurants, gyms and leisure centres and much more.
The successful candidate will have access to;
- Direct work with children and young people
- Excellent learning and development opportunities and schemes of support
- A competitive and desirable retention package (to include a generous local government pension scheme)
- Retention of continuous service benefits, for those moving from a local government post
- A clear progression path when key qualification milestones are reached
- Tools and models to support practice, including Signs of Safety
- Reflective supervision from an experienced management team
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job