Social Worker - Children and Families Hub
Salary from £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
Full time contract - 37 hours a week
Please note that this vacancy is unable to accept applications from newly qualified social workers.
Our Children and Families function delivers direct provision of services relating to vulnerable children, young people and complex families. These services will be delivered against specifications set by the Education function in line with the council's overarching outcomes. The role reports directly to a Team Manager and you will be a member of a small team of young people and families professionals focussed on delivering excellent social work practice within given area of leaving and after care.
Children and Families Hub (Colchester based only)
At the start of this year we combined the initial response team and the early help and advice hub to create the children and families hub. Bringing them together helps professionals and the public access support more easily, and get instant advice and guidance about other local services.
The children and families hub is the single point of contact for members of the public and professionals to raise concerns about the welfare and safety of children or make a referral, including for disabled children. It considers each request and either advises directly, organises a referral or points the way towards people and services that can help.
Why work with us in North?
- Both Colchester and Clacton teams are based locally in the town centres
- Local parking for staff, car parking permits provided
- In both areas' excellent resources, other teams such as family support and protection and fostering based in the same offices therefore great for collaborative working
- Great team morale, friendly, helpful, supportive colleagues
- Permanent managers in both areas who are supportive, encouraging and available
- Manageable caseloads
- Both teams encourage co working, senior social workers link with more junior staff to offer great learning and development opportunities
- Great training pathways for staff, encouragement to all staff for their continual professional development, to include progression
- Good working relationships with other professionals, step down processes to partner agencies embedded
- Attractive for those who enjoy fast paced, short term work dealing with referrals from the public and professionals
- Within the team we use strengths-based approach within our assessments and also within case discussions
- Staff are provided with monthly reflective supervision
- We are passionate about the use of systemic thinking/practice in interventions
What you'll need to join our Social Work teams
To play a key part in transforming the lives of children and families, you'll be a DIPSW, CQSW, CSS or equivalent graduate. This will be backed up by post-qualification experience as a children's social worker. Open to change and ready to innovate, you will be keen to join an environment where you can stretch yourself professionally, make an impact individually and deliver positive outcomes collaboratively.
Qualification certificates must be brought to interview.
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit:
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all of its employees, including:
- A Local Government pension scheme
- Interest free bus and rail season ticket loans, from £100-£5,000 as well as pool bikes and a car sharing scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Annual leave entitlement of up to 29 days per year (depending upon grade and length of service)
- Excellent opportunities for personal and professional development through our specialist learning and development teams
- Extensive induction programmes
- Continued service benefits
- Staff discounts in gyms/travel agencies/car sales/restaurants and days out
Please note ECC regularly reviews its reward and benefits
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please contact the Essex Recruitment Team on *.
*Calls to this number are charged in the same way as calls to numbers starting 01 or 02, please check with your service provider
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
- <p style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN-TOP: 0px"></p><div><b><font size="2" face="Arial">What you'll need to join our Social Work teams</font></b></div>