Our client is one of the UK's largest and most well-known retailers. With an impressive portfolio of retail stores, they pride themselves in diversifying their offer and bringing new products and services to their customers.
Following significant investment and a reorganisation of the existing commercial and marketing team, a number of new and exciting positions have been created. One of the many new positions is for a Social Media Manager.
The person in this role will have complete responsibility for the delivery of commercially focussed content across all channels. Working with other departments within the organisation, this person will be a key part of the development of a new content strategy, with varying styles based on different platforms and audiences.
There is a real commercial aspect to this role and as such there will be an expectation that the individual will ultimately increase revenue and demonstrate ROI. This role is therefore best suited to someone who has previously working in a commercial/ customer focussed environment and can demonstrate where they have made significant growth in previous roles.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Creating high quality copy across multiple channels, ensuring this is always on brand and relevant to it's target audience therefore securing growth and engagement
- Create a content calendar that harnesses content from all areas of the business and within industry
- Constantly keeping up with the industry is key, there is also an expectation to search for off-plan content, therefore maximising opportunities for positive PR
- Generate new ideas and direction for content bringing the brand to life.
- Working closely with stakeholders and various department heads ensuring that brand content supports their plans
- Monitoring and reporting on the success of the content plans, ensuring the quality and commercial effectiveness always remains.
The individual interested in this role should have the following skills and experiences:
- Degree qualified in a relatable subject (Marketing or Journalism) with a minimum of 2.1
- Previous experience working within a commercial organisation, ideally within retail industries or agency.
- Ability to lead a team and manage external agencies
- Excellent written and spoken skills with the ability to confidently communicate strategy plans to key members of the business and stakeholders
- A strong relationship builder with internal colleagues and external stakeholders is essential
- Experience working in a fast paced ad reactive industry with tight deadlines
- Solid understanding of online copywriting and how it impacts on search engine optimisation.
- Experience using digital tracking tools and providing insights, performance data and analysis back to the business.
This role offers a truly unique and exciting opportunity for someone to be a key part of the movement of one of the Norths best loved retail companies. This role goes for beyond just maintaining an existing content strategy but is out with the old and in with the new and requires someone to create and develop a brand new platform.
If you are interested in the details of this role, please apply with your CV and contact details and I will come back to you.
Better Placed is undoubtedly one of the UK's leading Marketing Recruitment specialists. Over the last 10 years, we have been placing talented people into businesses across multiple sectors including FMCG, Retail, Financial Services and Agency. With offices in Leeds, London and Manchester, we are "better placed" (sorry!) to recruit marketing and digital talent for some of the UK's, and even world's biggest brands.