"A fantastic opportunity to work for a well-known, famous sporting brand"
Social Media Manager
£23 - £27K
An exciting opportunity has arisen due to continued growth of this famous sporting brand. Reporting to the Head of Media Relations, the successful candidate will work with all parts of the Commercial Team to improve the quality, reach and engagement of the social media content across multiple channels, in-line with the communications strategy and objectives.
- Manage a calendar of content that covers the sport, conference & events and hospitality departments across its social media channels
- Create consistency across the social media channels, in-line with the communications strategy, whilst also giving each of the club’s three brands a unique tone of voice with specific content material
- Create video, written and graphical content to run across the social media channels
- Control the live scores process across social media.
- Attend selected matches to gather content and run across the appropriate team’s channels
- Attend player appearances, community events and training sessions to cover for various forms of content
- Be creative and proactively present ideas for campaigns and initiatives to other team members
- Work closely with the Head of Marketing to support ticket on-sale activities and non-match day event campaigns
- Work with the in-house production team and draft appropriate briefs for the creation of high quality video and graphical content
- Support the commercial partnerships team in providing innovative partner activation
- Support the Head of Media Relations and Club Journalist with the post-match media process where appropriate
- Track and analyse campaigns using the club’s social media management tool
Person Specific Skills & Expectations
- You must have previous experience working for a sporting business and or a genuine interest in sports.
- Extensive experience of using social media and managing schedules
- Experience of using Photoshop
- Experience of producing video content on smart phone or equivalent
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to build relationships with elite level athletes and coaches
- Understanding of the conference, events and hospitality sector
- Graduate degree or appropriate industry qualification