Social Media Insights and Development Editor - Home and office (North East and Yorkshire)
It is a really exciting time to be joining our client who is the largest national and regional news publisher. Due to their sustained growth and ambitious future growth plans, they are now looking for an experienced Social Media Insights and Development Editor to join them as part of their network of Live brands.
This role exists to ensure that data and insight is being used from across the business to optimise social media presence, driving the customer value strategy in the process.
Our client believes diversity brings benefits for customers, business and people. This is why they are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
"We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, we are the largest commercial publisher in the UK. As part of our company, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too."
- Part of the Live Network Social Media Insights Team, responsible for a particular region or cluster of titles
- Role is data-led, using data from the platforms and third-party providers to identify what is working, what is not, and where the opportunities to grow new audiences
- Report to the head of social media on data insight, with x month plan for audience and engagement growth ongoing at all times
- Work closely with audience editors to implement data-led strategies
- Dotted line to senior editor (customer) for relevant regions, providing insight and analysis on how social media can:-
-Play a crucial role in CVS
- Identify new best practice
- Deputise for head of social media and other social media insight editors as and when required
- Building online communities which support KPIs of registered customers and audience scale
- Supporting all journalists to share content on social media and build online communities
- Responsibility for delivery of the strategy and training at a local level
- Taking accountability for the fair and consistent application of all their people policies, procedures and processes
- Fostering a high-performance culture by setting clear expectations and having in-the-moment performance discussions
- Developing a culture of trust, where people are safe to speak up, clear on their role in the team’s success and empowered to be their best at work
- Rewarding and recognising great performance, celebrating people’s achievements and successes
- Partnering with our HR team to attract, develop and maintain the best talent to help the business achieve its goals, now and in the future. Including monitoring engagement and using employee feedback to continually improve
- Acting as a role model and taking a lead on change initiatives to support the group’s strategy and employees
- Helping with Google Showcase as and when required
- Social media publishing experience in an editorial setting
- Strong people management skills and effective at delegating and coaching
- Knowledge of the wider social media ecosystem
- Analytics use and application
- Passion for digital storytelling in local journalism
- Spotting local, national and international trends
- NCTJ or equiv qualification
- Experience in handling and managing data and insights
- Deep knowledge of media law
- Successful background in developing people and managing people
- Digital publishing experience
- Communication, including written, face-to-face, presentation skills and the ability to cascade consistent messages for maximum impact
- Effective planning and organisational skills
- Good problem solving and decision making
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Inclusion Networks and Champions, giving all employees a voice
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'