Electrocomponents Digital is a £1BN+ digital business at the heart of the group.
The digital purpose is to digitally transform our business to provide an unrivalled digital experience for our customers and suppliers. We are committed to making the entire buying cycle easy and rewarding, including upfront research, finding and buying products and after-sales care, so that we unlock their full potential. This digital purpose is a key enabler to deliver the value propositions of both the Electronics and Industrial division
The primary purpose of the Social Media Community Manager role is to manage all RS Social Media communities in Germany, driving engagement, traffic and sales through the RS website. The main activities are creating, optimising and delivering engaging rich content in local language via social media channels appropriate to the market.
Primary purpose: Create, manage and maintain (global) content and distribution strategy including supplier and third party collaborations, developing brand and product awareness (suppliers), growing community, driving engagement, reach and traffic.
The role will also be responsible for taking raw marketing content and turning it into compelling, best in class social media assets in local languages
Developing partnerships, online conversation, programmes and associations with relevant industry bodies and third parties (influencers). Proactively drive sponsorship opportunities
Creating original, consistent and engaging campaigns, developing project ideas (e.g. supplier funding activities)
Educating and influencing the Hubs and key stakeholders in order to ensure buy-in and improve collaborative partnership
- Content creation - Source rich and interesting content from internal stakeholders and exploring external trends to turn it into marketable assets and traffic drivers across social channels.
- Work with all other Digital Marketing teams to create consistency and efficiency - as well as strategic input into future plans for each channel
- Manage strategic supplier campaigns, working with internal stakeholders and where applicable external contacts to deliver activity. KPI's will be set against increasing followers, engagement and subscribers (when applicable) for each activity
- Responsible for seeking out opportunities to reinforce brand credibility through ad hoc and standalone Social campaigns
- Social marketing - through the Adobe Social tool, managing and growing the RS presence through Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and other strategically relevant online channels
- Events and event planning - attending and live reporting on industry events in Germany when there is an opportunity for social media engagement
- Public relations - work closely with the French PR teams on joint initiatives to gain maximum exposure through digital PR channels and supplying data to measure campaign activity
- Work closely with our Internal and external communications partners to increase social exposure within and outside of the business. Integrate with DesignSpark to align activities and increase social exposure.
- Alert business stakeholders to sudden changes in web conversations about the company patterns; takes immediate action where appropriate, and escalates where required
- Analytics - Using Adobe Analytics and Social and other relevant measurement tools to provide reports on metrics and continually find ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives
- Stakeholder management - work with internal stakeholders to understand and implement the required social assets. Determine and set up SLA's and KPI's to help effectively measure and meet deadlines for campaign delivery
- Some experience working in a marketing or Digital environment with IDM / Digital marketing certificate preferred
- Fluent in German
- Paid social experience is desirable
- Good experience of working in Social, PR or brand management, with an emphasis on working with social media tools and services and how they can drive customer loyalty and traffic.
- Ability to balance an intense attention to detail with swift execution.
- Ability to use knowledge and experience of external best practice to shape marketing assets and delivery
- Ability to work collaboratively with peers and across teams and cultures to ensure effective delivery of the strategy
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Culturally sensitive with the ability to operate effectively with global colleagues
- Excellent communication and networking skills with an ability to work in a global team environment.
- Self-starter with the ability to identify new opportunities to help meet the overall objectives and work closely with Technical teams to understand opportunities and constraints of digital disciplines.
- Budgeting responsibility for projects and campaigns to ensure all costs and ROI are managed
How to apply
Please apply online and upload your CV in English and follow any instructions online. If you experience any difficulties or require further details, please contact the Recruitment Team on +44 (0) .
- social media
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job