Social Media Advisor
Location: Birmingham, B3 2ES
Salary: £22,805 per annum (Full time equivalent)
Contract: 6 Months fixed term
About the company:
This is a fantastic time to join West Midlands Trains. We operate services in and around the West Midlands, now called West Midlands Railway (WMR) and services from the North West to London, now called London Northwestern Railway (LNR).
In this role you will work closely with our Customer Relations and Operations teams to provide helpful live travel updates, especially during service disruption, as well as respond to detailed customer comments and questions via our London North-western and West Midlands Railway Twitter/Facebook feeds. The purpose of the social media team is to offer exceptional customer service to our passengers, and we are looking for people driven by a desire to help resolve issues.
Duties of the Social Media Advisor:
- Accurate logging of all contact with customers, both written and verbal
- Accurate recoding of all internal correspondence
- Manage and resolve customer issues by a variety of means including telephone, letter, e-mail, social media, web chat, fax or personal visit
- Investigate customer enquiries and complaints using various train operation information systems
- Prepare standard and non standard written responses to customers as appropriate
- Provide clear written and/or oral communications with customers
- Maintain and develop a good general knowledge of the rail industry and the Abellio group,
- Maintain detailed knowledge of London Midland business and its services
- Provide support to front line station staff in resolving customer complaints and enquiries
- Provide helpful, timely information/advice to customers through social media channels
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade and post and as required.
Requirements of the Social Media Advisor:
- IT literate, specifically Microsoft Office software. The ability to use Word to a high standard is essential.
- Previous experience of customer relations and social media communication is essential
- General knowledge of the rail industry and the geography of West Midlands Trains
- Use of MS CRM database software desirable, with training provided for new entrants
- Experience of telesales desirable but not essential
- Previous experience of a customer service / relations environment essential
- Detailed knowledge of the related statutory framework e.g. Passenger Charter, National Rail Conditions of Travel and Disabled Persons Protection Policy
Social Media Advisor Benefits:
- Free travel on Abellio trains for you, your partner and dependent children
- 75% discount on all other train travel over most of the UK rail network
- Development opportunities to help further your career with West Midlands Trains
- A contributory defined salary pension.
If you meet the requirements and feel that this Social Media Advisor role is right for you then please apply today!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'