Investing in high-quality social-first content and amplifying it to the right people with effective targeting is a strategic priority for TUI Groups UK Marketing and Customer Experience team. Our Social Marketing Specialist – Performance will be responsible for strengthening the return on investment on our social media content activity, in line with agreed business priorities. Primarily working across our social story-telling content across brands, destinations and services, you’ll also get the opportunity to support the media planning of our more high-profile through-the-line campaigns.
You’ll use your social marketing expertise across content planning, budget management and paid amplification to ensure our social media content investment uses high-performing formats and delivers the right message to the right person to leverage re-targeting opportunities. An essential part of your role will focus on ensuring all activity is planned in response to our KPI targets, which you’ll be responsible for analysing and reporting on regularly to advise and guide future activations. Your reporting will focus on boosting the tangible value of social marketing across our business.
TUI UK & Ireland’s Marketing & Customer Experience function is an exciting place to work where the way in which we reach audiences is continually evolving. We’re committed to supporting that evolution by keeping our brands at the heart of all we do, integrating our excellent storytelling skills with data-led insights to deliver optimised marketing so that we can engage and transact with our audiences across their preferred social platforms, driving their awareness and preference via inspiration and information. If you can adapt and flourish in an environment that’s evolving as fast as the ways in which our customers are consuming digital experience, then this is the role for you.
What you will be doing
You’ll be planning and assessing performance of our key social story-telling activations, under the supervision of our Social Marketing Manager – Marketing & Performance. You’ll bring a passion for the commercial potential of high-impact social content marketing, plus a proven ability to plan and optimise activity that boosts performance of our investment and social content influence over onward marketing-funnel actions, to support our business priorities.
You’ll be responsible for managing and assessing social media marketing investment both directly with social platform partners and via our external media agency. You’ll also need experience in shaping an activation from investment ratio to audience targeting and will also be motivated to find ways we can deliver higher performance via our paid social targeting, plus the inclusion of influencer and UGC elements. This role will suit a proven marketing specialist who can see the opportunities to build audience engagement within social media content innovation.
You will be an expert in Social platforms with a strong understanding of how TUI uses each one and great awareness of how platforms evolve to help us to take advantage of future opportunities. You’ll need experience in applying learnings from performance data to enhance and refine activations and an ability to clearly communicate this information to your colleagues to help continually refine their output. We expect you bring an attitude of testing and learning to this role so we can always be optimising both our content and our targeting model to drive better performance from our investment.
We’ll be relying on you to ensure we’re working positively and collaboratively across the wider team with good awareness of the considerations of our Brand, PR, CRM and Content teams. You’ll be expected to particularly build better ways of working with our Social Biddable colleagues in Digital Marketing to create case studies to influence investment growth as customers spend an increasing amount of their time on social platforms.
As you build your relationships with stakeholders around the business, there’ll be opportunity for you to raise your profile from a social marketing point of view by being one of our social experts – a thought leader in industry trends, product updates and user behaviour changes. You’ll be naturally curious and enjoy learning and presenting to influence and advise more senior team members to stay on top of the fast-moving world of social media content planning.
What we are looking for
• Good experience of end-to-end social marketing activation delivery - this covers creative planning, paid media targeting and understanding performance data.
• Solid experience working with budgets and tracking costs during activations. An eye for detail in delivery and a strong communicator who can turn analysis into useful insights.
• Outstanding practical experience of all mainstream social media platforms for content publishing, scheduling and performance analysis in native dashboards.
• Comfortable working with in-house colleagues and agencies from brief to execution, including delivering effective and constructive feedback on media plans.
• Working knowledge of social metrics from a performance point of view, and able to translate those insights into presentations and planning actions for future activations.
• A good understanding of paid social targeting opportunities, the different buying techniques and ad products available on each platform.
• A demonstrable knowledge of how to work with CRM data to create custom or tailored audiences and able to think about how we might use our own customer data effectively and why.
• Experience in collaborating with multiple stakeholders around the business and helping the social marketing team become a positive role model within the business.
• Ability to play a supporting role on high profile integrated campaigns while still delivering on your workload.
• Keen to understand what goes into the planning and execution of our social marketing activity and broader campaigns, drawing insights from all our creative and media teams to optimise within your own channels.
• A good knowledge of social marketing evolution and keen to learn about industry trends, platform updates or changes in user behaviour.
Working within TUI group
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism group. Covering the entire touristic value chain under one roof we employ 63,000 people in over 100 countries and offer 20 million customers comprehensive services in around 180 destinations worldwide.
Help make our customers smile and in return you will receive a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, great rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
How to apply
Please click on the link below, the application process consists of answering a few questions and uploading your CV.