Cyber Security Operations Manager/ SOC/ SIEM
About the role
An opportunity to ensure our Cyber Security Operations team is best in class!
A fantastic opportunity exists for a Cyber Security Operations Manager here at Vodafone HQ. You will plan, direct and control the functions and operations with a view to delivering a 24/7 response in the near future. You will ensure the monitoring and analysis of incidents to protect Vodafone People, Technology and Process addressing all security incidents and ensuring timely escalation. Direct the Cyber Intelligence capability to identify potential threats delivering strategic reports and strategies to minimise the impact of the threat.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Leading and managing the the Security Operations and team of security operational staff members
- Primarily responsible for directing security event monitoring, management and response and cyber intelligence
- Ensuring incident identification, assessment, quantification, reporting, communication, mitigation and monitoring
- Ensuring compliance to policy, process, and procedure adherence and process improvisation to achieve operational objectives
- Revising and develop processes to strengthen the current Security Operations Framework, Review policies and highlight the challenges in managing SLAs
- Responsible for overall use of resources and initiation of corrective action where required for Security Operations Center
- Ensuring daily management, administration & maintenance of security devices to achieve operational effectiveness
- Ensuring threat management, threat modeling, identify threat vectors and develop use cases for security monitoring
- Creation of reports, dashboards, metrics for SOC operations and presentation to Sr. Mgmt.
- Co-ordination with stakeholders, build and maintain positive working relationships with them
Things we would consider critical for the role:
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a Security Operations team
- Manage the maturity of the function with a view to driving to a 24/7 service
- Proficient in Security Incident Management and Response
- Experience in security device/tool management and SIEM
- In-depth knowledge of and experience in security concepts such as cyber-attacks and techniques, risk management, incident management, threat management, etc.
- Proficient in preparation of reports, dashboards and documentation
- Ability to handle high pressure situations with key stakeholders
- Good analytical, problem solving and Interpersonal skills
Joining Vodafone is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them through helping them give time and money to the charities they love.
And what’s it like to work here? We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer flexibility in how you work that helps you do your job in a way that suits you, opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career, and a choice of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.