- 37.5 hours per week
- 25 days holiday per year
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Subsidised canteen on site
- Free parking
The Development Engineer - ETO, is a role to support development of customer specific modifications to abatement products already released to production, including platform enhancements and solving application issues in the field.
As a Senior Development Engineer your duties will be:
- To support to the Clevedon Engineered to Order process including product design and development
- Development of derivative platforms to extend product capabilities on non NPI developments (historical products)
- Design calculations in support of design
- Type testing of equipment and subsystems
- Writing of reports
- Preparation of technical construction documents to support Engineered to Order systems and updates to HAZOPS and Safety Reviews
- Interpretation and delivery of customer specification
- Creation of Bill of Materials
- Development of test specifications
- Specification of equipment sub systems
- Components selection
- Engineering Change
- Provide support to manufacturing
- Provide support to the more junior members of the engineering team
An ideal Development Engineer will hold the following skills and experiences:
- Electrical or Mechanical Engineering degree or other relevant engineering qualification
- CAD - CATIA for 3D modelling and an element of design drafting
- Experience of working on a system or equipment design / development environment
- Ability to perform engineering calculations in support of the design.
- Understanding of Piping and instrumentation diagrams and system schematics
- Experience of FMEA, HAZOP, DFMEA and other design and risk analysis techniques
- Experience in the type testing of equipment in support of design.
- Strong problem solving ability
- Value engineering
- Knowledge of CE marking and EN standards (Machinery and Low Voltage directives desirable)
- Knowledge of BS EN 8888
- Used to working in a multidisciplinary environment
- Attention to detail and right first time approach
- Good written and oral communication
- Ability to plan and estimate duration of their work in the context of larger projects
- Understand key project deliverable and requirements and have the ability to report concisely to the project leader
- Positive attitude and ability to work under pressure.
To find out more, please apply online with an up to date CV or give us a call on and ask for Bethan or Janine
Due to the high number of applications that we receive, we may be unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 21 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.