Kerry is responding to consumer demand for real ingredients with better, more authentic and nutritious taste experiences.
With a strong track record in snacks seasoning development and the drive to deliver against tough customer demands, the Senior Scientist will be central to maintaining and expanding Kerry's position as a trusted partner in the snacking sector.
Working in partnership with customers across Europe and Russia, the role requires collaboration with a global network of RD&A experts, marketing, sensory, regulatory and sales counterparts to deliver products that excite the consumer.
Reporting into the Snacks & Dry Culinary RD&A Manager, this role will also involve managing direct reports and deputising for the RD&A Manager, as appropriate.
- Lead the development of innovative and relevant seasoning & snacks concepts that set Kerry apart.
- Demonstrate strong capability in recognising and describing flavour and the ability to reliably recommend and carry out formulation improvements
- Quickly establish and build strong relationships and close collaborations with customers, becoming their key contact and expert solutions partner.
- Effectively showcase Kerry technologies and capabilities by developing innovative, cost effective and relevant solutions, to fulfil customer briefs and Kerry marketing campaigns.
- Manage projects to optimise existing products and develop new products & concepts, outlining procedures, specifications and guidance as relevant.
- Facilitate scale up and production requirements, including internal and external factory trial attendance when required.
- Lead collaborations with key internal stakeholders & business support functions (sales, marketing, etc.) to ensure successful & timely project execution.
- Apply a comprehensive understanding of consumer trends, sensory testing and commercial awareness to successfully deliver against customer & business expectations.
To find out more please see: /Solutions/Food/Savoury-Snacks
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- BSc/MSc in Food Science, Food Technology, Applied Science or related area
- Minimum of 7 years' experience, ideally 10 years' experience in a similar role
- Must be established seasoning specialist with relevant experience in the area of snacks seasonings (Savoury | Dry Culinary | experience also considered).
Take a look inside our Global Technology & Innovation Centre in Naas Co. Kildare where this role is