aspire cambridge are currently recruiting for a Surface Mount Technician - Night Shift to join a growing company based in Hemingford Abbots. They require a Surface Mount Technician to join the team on a full time permanent basis.
- To contribute to the production operation-ensuring products are manufactured to the highest quality.
- Must be familiar with Surface-Mount Technology (SMT) electronic components and SMT assembly process.
- Must be able to set-up and operate automated SMT assembly equipment including Screen Printer, Glue Dispensing Machine (where required), Pick and Place Machine (automated and manually operated equipment) and Reflow Oven (training available). This includes the loading of relevant programmes on each machine required for the product being assembled.
- Prepare kits for manufacturing. Including feeder programming where required.
- Able to perform visual inspections of SMT assemblies.
- Able to maintain accurate job tracking records.
- Able to interpret IPC-A-610 standards for acceptability and customer specifications.
- Must be familiar with and able to use hand tools.
- To take responsibility for quality, quantity and inspection of work performed.
- Assist engineering in resolving any build related issues.
- Operating and performing routine maintenance on their process equipment.
Skills and experience:
- Have a general knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Experience required in assembling surface mount assemblies
- Thorough understanding of surface mount assembly processes
- Electronics background
- Able to read and understand customer bills of material, drawings and supplied build packs
- Able to work with speed and accuracy
- Effective communicator and team player
- Understand basic filing system
- Ability to work to schedules and deadlines
- Have a pro-active approach and demonstrate ability to achieve results
Hours: 20.30 - 06.30 after initial training period on the day shift
Location: Hemingford Abbots, Huntingdon
Salary: £16,000 - £18,000 + 25% night shift premium
If you are interested in this position, feel you have the relevant skills and would like to apply please call our team on or apply online. Whilst we'd love to get back to every applicant, it is not always possible, so if you haven't heard from us within 3-5 days, please note that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
aspire cambridge ltd is acting as an employment in regard to this vacancy. Our accredited recruitment consultants offer specialist marketplace expertise across our seven specialist recruitment divisions; engineering and manufacturing, finance and accountancy, hospitality, information technology, legal and hr, office support and sales and marketing. Our ever expanding network of client companies exceeds 3000 active organisations that we engage with on a regular basis. We have an unrivalled knowledge of the jobs marketplace so it's no wonder that we hold an impressive track record of exceeding client and candidate expectations. How do we do it? By "placing people first".
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job