This newly created role for SMT Materials Coordinator would suit an experienced production operative with previous experience of managing materials or stock control, someone who has a good level of technical aptitude and a desire to learn new skills within the Surface Mount Division. This will be a dual role working within a small team.
To organise SMT kits for the pick and place machines to ensure machine uptime reaches maximum potential. To liaise between production and stores to obtain required components for the SMT kits. Control accurately and efficiently the input of production batches to the automated storage cabinets and determine any shortages that may occur. Ensure all housekeeping requirements and safety guidelines are adhered to.
To input material and batch transactions into the business system ensuring a sound understanding of transactions is maintained.
To learn and retain the necessary skills required to prepare kits for the SMT machinery. Being able to communicate well between multiple departments.The ability to work in a team as well as being self-motivated. To adopt a flexible & positive approach to the work environment. To be well organized and to ensure goods are accurately kitted counted and located in a timely, tidy and methodical manner.
- Dexterous with good attention to detail
- Understanding of relevant procedures and documentation
- Good communication skills and be organised and reliable
- Computer literate with good keyboard skills using (Microsoft Word, Excel)
- Understanding of relevant procedures and part numbers and Experience of an automated storage cabinet.
- To carry out stock control checks and to count and record stock figures
- To provide flexibility when required, ideally be able to operate the SMT placement lines and be familiar with the associated machinery
- To be able to identify the various types of SMT components and materials used within the company
- To be numerate, good with figures and long alpha-numeric part numbers.
- High levels of efficiency are achieved and bettered
- To assist in other areas of production as instructed according to the needs of the business
- Conscious handling of the electronic components, safely storing, retrieving and handling them at all times.
- Pick components
- Good, tidy organization of work place
- Able to follow verbal instructions
- Flexible approach to daily duties and training
- To communicate clearly with process technicians and machine maintenance staff
- To have a good work ethic and positive approach to all tasks
Health and Safety
- When required, operate materials handling equipment such as pallet trucks following health and safety procedure at all times.
- To follow the Health & Safety guidelines as detailed in the Staff Handbook
- Ensure work areas are kept safe and hazard free and report any observed or known safety hazards, conditions or unsafe practices and procedures to supervision.