At Exertis, we thrive in a company culture that is driven to deliver more for customers. Our employees are committed, proactive and motivated. This dynamic environment contributes to a thriving growth-focused culture throughout Exertis, providing many career opportunities that span sales, commercial and corporate activities
- Responsible for delivering set budget requirements for chosen Vendors / Categories
- Effective business planning across the retail channel to achieve Exertis and Vendor objectives maximising profitability, including rebate & negotiation
- Develop key stake holder relationships internally and externally (including key resellers) to effectively deliver growth plans
- Drive, motivate and promote vendor products to the sales teams and management
- Work in conjunction with purchasing teams to effectively manage the forecast and planning of inventory to achieve stock and aged metrics
- Regular reporting to the business on the effectiveness of business plans, profit, rebate, stock and ageing projections
- Establish develop and maintain relationships with vendors aligned to the products in their area of responsibility
- Demonstrate strong negotiation skills to ensure Exertis has the strongest product offering / prices
- Develop business plans based on key performance indicators such as Gross Profit, Stock Levels, Aged Stock and Rebates in conjunction with General Manager
- Establish, develop and maintain relationships with all sales teams to ensure all promotions / product launches are to a high standard
- Provide accurate information and additional support to sales in areas which are forecasting below budget
- Monitor and manage stock levels in line with operational targets
- Establish, develop and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders including commercial, marketing and purchasing to ensure maximum sales activity is achieved and stock levels remain optimal and communications between the departments are effective
- Liaise with Sales Managers to ensure product offering remains competitive and relevant to their needs, reporting on a monthly basis
- Regular report on sales activity, stock levels and marketing spend to manufacturers and relevant internal stakeholders
- Demonstrate and maintain expert product knowledge, keeping up to date with new technologies and market developments
Anticipate and react to fluctuations and trends within the market and the potential impacts this could have on business
High Performing Activities:
- Achieve and exceed monthly budget targets
- Ensure that quarterly rebate targets are achieved
- Drive and support sales
- Plan and implement vendor call out days
- Work closely with marketing to plan and action vendor marketing plans
- Regular performance reviews with Vendor and sales management to ensure all elements of the business plan and objectives are being met
- Joint visits to key accounts utilising Exertis' Retail external managers
- Business planning and execution
- Understand the overall Exertis and Smart Tech BU business strategy to evangelise effectively with Vendors and Customers.
- Organise quarterly business reviews to effectively communicate forward objectives of the business.
- Ensure that Exertis' pricing tools are up to date and competitive for target markets.
- Ensure that Exertis' website is up to date
- Ensure that Exertis' SAP product and pricing data is up-to-date
- Regularly communicate to the business GP, rebate, stock and ageing projections.
- Minimum 3 years' sales and commercial experience
- Distribution experience essential
- Relevant Product / Market knowledge desired
- Experience as a Product Manager / Product Specialist in a similar environment
- Ability to communicate with and influence key stakeholders, individuals and groups at all levels
- Proven experience of successfully negotiating and building relationships with suppliers
- The ability to recognise and focus on the key issues
- Organisation skills - able to plan and prioritise own time and be self- motivated
- An interest in the products in the area of responsibility
- Willingness to travel occasionally to all Exerts locations as required.
- Demonstrate a strong awareness of and commitment to Ethics and Compliance and the Group Business Conduct Guidelines.
- Drive & enthusiasm
- Good understanding of margin and sales
- Strong understanding of Inventory management and logistics.
- Good knowledge of Excel for data analysis
- Be a team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer Service & Handling skills
- Commercial awareness
- Planning & organisation
- Flexibility, adaptability & Initiative
- Confidence & determination to achieve targets
- Performance maximisation