We are looking for a SMART Repair Technician to work with our client, a leading dealership out of their Huddersfield branch. They are an award winning leading automotive retailer with a turnover in excess of £700m and have dealerships throughout the UK.
Our client offers extensive training that will develop you for success, and are committed to their candidates, helping everyone in the team achieve their personal best. They are looking for individuals who can put their ethos of People First into everything they do. You will be encouraged to inspire others and work as part of a collaborative team.
If you share their values and passion for customer service, you can look forward to developing an enjoyable and rewarding long-term career with us.
Also on offer:
- 22 days plus Bank Holidays
- Competitive Salary
- Generous Long Service awards
- Life Insurance
- Pension Scheme
- Generous staff retail and vehicle discounts
What will I be responsible for?
Reporting in to the Service Manager, the successful SMART Repair Technician will be responsible for carrying out Paintwork SMART repairs on internal and retail vehicles in line with deadlines and targets. Your responsibilities will also include:
- Preparing and painting vehicles in the Bodyshop to a high standard without direct supervision whenever required
- Liaising daily with the Workshop Controller and Service Manager to optimise performance, meet deadlines and targets set
- Using all products economically to minimise waste and costs
- Completing all work within agreed time scales and explaining work, charges and sell extended warranty
- Following up with all customers within 1 week of completion of work to ensure customer satisfaction
Who are they looking for?
The ideal candidate will ideally have been a SMART Repair Technician, possess a full clean driving licence and have a willingness to be flexible. You will be expected to deliver the quality standards that our customers expect, emphasis will be placed on skill base in the following areas;
- Practical application of water based paint systems and UHS Clear coat products
- Ability to carry out minor repairs and refinish techniques to metal and plastic panels
- Customer and Team Communication Skills and Understanding of current Health and Safety legislation applicable to the SMART repair industry
- Preferably with experience of working to British Standard PAS125
Attributes that are desirable but not essential are as follows: Paint less Dent Removal Skills, Alloy Wheel Repair Skills and Plastic Welding Skills.
So, if you have necessary skills and experience to excel in the role of SMART Repair Technician, then please APPLY below.