Are you an experienced SMART Repair Technician, Bodyshop Mechanic OR Panel Beater? Are you interested in a career with a progressive and exciting company representing 13 of the UK’s leading car manufacturers?
Our client are seeking a talented individual to join the team as a SMART Repair Technician in the Canterbury Branch. Our client is an award winning and leading automotive retailer with a turnover in excess of £700m. Established in 1908 they are a nationwide franchised dealer group with 52 dealerships in 32 locations.
Our client offer extensive training that will develop you for success, and are committed to people helping everyone in the team achieve their personal best. They are looking for individuals who can put their ethos of 'People First' into everything they do. As an employee, you will be encouraged to inspire others and work as part of a collaborative team.
If you share their values and passion for customer service, you can look forward to developing an enjoyable and rewarding long-term career with us. Also on offer:
- 22 days plus Bank Holidays
- Generous Long Service awards
- Life Insurance
- Pension Scheme
- Generous staff retail and vehicle discounts
What will I be responsible for?
Reporting in to the Service Manager the successful SMART Repair Technician will be responsible for carrying out "Paintwork" SMART repairs on internal and retail vehicles in line with deadlines and targets. Your responsibilities will also include:
- Preparing and painting vehicles in the Bodyshop to a high standard without direct supervision whenever required
- Liaising daily with the Workshop Controller and Service Manager to optimise performance, meet deadlines and targets set
- Using all products economically to minimise waste and costs
- Completing all work within agreed time scales and explaining work, charges and sell extended warranty
- Following up with all customers within 1 week of completion of work to ensure customer satisfaction
Who are our client looking for?
The ideal candidate will ideally be a SMART Repair Technician, possess a full clean driving licence and have a willingness to be flexible. You will be expected to deliver the quality standards that their customers expect, emphasis will be placed on skill base in the following areas;
- Practical application of water based paint systems and UHS Clear coat products
- Ability to carry out minor repairs and refinish techniques to metal and plastic panels
- Customer and Team Communication Skills and Understanding of current Health and Safety legislation applicable to the SMART repair industry
- Preferably with experience of working to British Standard PAS125
Attributes that are desirable but not essential are as follows: Paint less Dent Removal Skills, Alloy Wheel Repair Skills and Plastic Welding Skills.
So, if you have necessary skills and experience to excel in the role of SMART Repair Technician, then please APPLY below.
No Agencies Please
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.
- SMART Repair Technician Automotive Cars