Morrison Data Services (MDS) are market leaders, focused on innovative solutions. We are proud to be one of the UK's largest utilities support organisations - and we’re still growing with some exciting times ahead!
Due to ongoing growth and the successful win of new national contracts, we are seeking Dual Fuel Meter Engineers, based across the whole UK to join our expanding team.
MDS are at the forefront of driving positive change within the industry, with an underpinning dedication to health and safety, even receiving national recognition when we won gold at the internationally renowned ROSPA Health and Safety Awards. We strive to provide our clients with a seamless customer experience whilst enabling the installation of smart meters and associated equipment.
About the role…
You will be field based, primarily installing smart meters (SMETS2) as part of the national roll-out target for leading energy suppliers. You will also be responsible for ongoing maintenance and emergency work on meter assets. This will include helping customers meet challenges around managing their fuel usage.
You’ll be working to complete system driven appointments, through our in-house planning system via company provided tablet. We work to ensure the best customer service, and provide domestic appointments between 8am - 8pm, Monday -Saturday, on a rota basis.
You will be a skilled Engineer with experience in smart metering and real commitment to delivering exceptional customer service. You will take pride in your work with a real passion for health and safety. Ideally you will:
- hold current CCN1/CMA1 & MET1 qualification or an equivalent aligned qualification.
- have previous MOCOPA experience to multi rate level (3 phase is beneficial). Training can be provided to candidates without electrical experience
- ideally have been registered on the EUSR portal (not essential)
- hold a current full UK driving license with no more than 6 penalty points
- ideally have previous practical experience in a dual fuel role ideally but at least experience working in a gas role
- great interpersonal skills that empowers customer relations as well as driving best practice and proactive change.
- have experience of operating mobile IT hardware
- the ability to coach and develop others who are developing new skills and competencies
In return we will offer you:
- Basic salary of £29,033
- Achievable bonus that rewards excellence in safety and outstanding customer service
- Competitive out of hours payments
- Company van and fuel card
- Pension scheme along with additional benefits
- 20 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Fully supplied with ppe, uniform and tools
- Ongoing training and development
- Mobile phone and tablet
- Access to employee forums where everyone's view is considered
- Access to My Rewards portal - giving great discounts from thousands of the UKs largest retailers & service providers
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme and hospital fund
Ready to apply?
We hope you’re ready to join us as we grow our customer base. We actively encourage our engineers to progress within the business and we’d love to talk to you about future progression opportunities too. We have an impressive track record of providing realistic development opportunities in a wide variety of roles, including leadership development programmes.
We take customer and colleague safety very seriously and as such you will be subject to drug and alcohol screening as part of the assessment process and ongoing throughout your career. You will also be subject to a colour vision test.
- General Electric
- Smart Metering