Abatec are currently recruiting for a Small Works Manager, to join our client a privately-owned construction company, to cover various construction projects with a value ranging from £50k - £500k throughout the South Somerset, Devon & Cornwall regions. The successful candidate will be responsible for increasing the turnover and profitability of the Small Works department by establishing a strong pipeline of work with existing and new relationships. You will be managing a variety of build projects from inception to completion; therefore the ideal candidate will have a good understanding of construction methods and technology including materials and demonstratable experience of managing works up to £500k.
As a Small Works Manager you will:
- Assist with bids and tenders, to include preparing and pricing.
- Manage the delivery of successfully bid projects including operational and commercial aspects.
- Deal with subcontract payments and other such commercial responsibilities through to managing the final account.
- Ensure delivery and maintenance of all job programmes by effectively scheduling work & allocating resources.
- Liaise with project teams to ensure that defined quality standards are achieved in each job.
- Ensure that all relevant health and safety equipment, if required, is available for each job and that health and safety standards are maintained during each job programme.
- Ensure that each job is undertaken cost effectively to maximise the profitability of each job.
- Provide performance feedback to the Divisional Director on a regular basis.
- Discuss jobs with the clients to make sure they are satisfied with the works & the company performance.
Our client requires a Small Works Manager with:
- The ability to price/estimate
- The ability to raise quotations
- A minimum HNC or equivalent in construction related subject
- A membership of professional body (e.g. CIOB, RICS etc)
- A membership of the CSCS scheme
- 5-day SMSTS - CITB
- 1st Aid at Work (4 day)
- A proven proactive knowledge of the management of health, safety and environment.
- A sound understanding of risk management and how it is managed.
- A sound knowledge of the design and build process.
Salary and benefits include:
- Salary up to £60,000 per annum
- Company car or car allowance
- 25 days holiday (pro-rata), with bank holidays on top
- Private medical healthcare
- 3 x annual salary life assurance
- Contributory pension scheme
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Hayley Fisher. The reference for this vacancy is 129424.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'