Job Title: Small Works Manager
To provide small works support to the management team across the high profile contract. To ensure that all small works are delivered professionally and on time
Accountable to: Account Manager
The following personal: - Small works engineering team, Sub-contractors
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensuring the Company meets its contractual obligations professionally and safely at all times
- To provide accurate and timely quotations for small works in support of the contract management team.
- To provide technical assistance to the team as a whole.
- Liaising regularly with the Account Manger to review the workforce and the team’s performance.
- Manage small works safely and professionally
- Production of risk assessments and method statements for all of the works undertaken by the small works teams
- Liaise with the Contract Management team to ensure that all additional works are quoted in an accurate manner
- Ensure that all invoicing requirements are with the administration team in a timely order each month to enable the business unit to meet its forecasted turnover month on month
- To ensure that the information provided in item 2.7 above is accurate and in the format agreed with the account administration manager or his/her line managers.
- Manage the WIP for the small works team and report on it for the end of month trading accounts
- Manage the small works supervision and engineering team ensuring that excellent service delivery standards are achieved at all times.
- Ensure that the team deliver the level of Customer Service to RSMD, tenants, Retailers and members of the general public.
- To develop and maintain a quality team with high levels of morale and motivation
- The employment of relevant competent staff and completion of staff inductions as required by the Company directives.
- To ensure that the Company is presented in a good light at all times.
- Production of works programmes and technical reports as may be required to complete the works
- Checking on the work activity to ensure quality professional workmanship has been carried out and is on schedule. This is to be both ad hoc and formally with findings presented to the BUD Company’s on completion.
- Ensure that the appropriate authority levels for bidding and expenditure are not exceeded by all grades of staff
- Build and develop excellent client relationships at all levels both internal and external
- Providing technical support for the small works team and the client.
- Carry out personal development reviews on an annual basis with regular interim reviews
- Attending client meetings as required.
- Understand and be aware of the requirements of all relevant Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality legislation and ensure that all staff are equally aware of their own roles and responsibilities within the Company.
- Actively manage and participate in the health and safety processes required under the Company policies and procedures on portfolio including, but not limited to, accident investigation, reporting, risk assessments and auditing.
- Ensure that all materials and equipment are handled, stored and used with due regard to the relevant Health, Safety and Environmental legislation.
- Any other reasonable instruction from the Business Unit Director, the company’s account senior management team or his Line Managers.
- Co-operating with the company to allow it to fulfil its moral and legal duties and obligations.
Salary: To be discussed at interview
If you are an experienced Small Works Manager with a proactive and efficient approach looking for a rewarding role in an exciting and industry-leading company, please apply.
- Risk Assessments