Our client, a successful Plant Hire business based in the Towcester area, is seeking a Small Plant & Tools Hire Desk Coordinator to join their busy team.
Reporting to the Plant Hire Manager, the principal duties of this role are to procure hired-in plant and equipment for organisations sites and for cross hiring to their customers, ensuring all live-hire files on the company's computer system are accurate and up to date. Duties include:
- To deal with the daily phone calls & emails from the organisations sites and external customers regarding requests for small plant, tools, non-mech, lifting, rail etc. equipment.
- To plan and schedule the supply of the business & other external customers of the business, including:
- Maintaining close communication with the equipment suppliers regarding availability and selection of equipment.
- Setting up / re-negotiating special agreements and discount structures with suppliers on behalf of the business.
- Discussing and rectifying accounts queries with both the businesses accounts staff and with external suppliers on behalf of the business.
- Report theft, loss damage and breakdowns to suppliers, ensure that the issues are rectified and that costs are acceptable.
- Cost control for sites through equipment knowledge - E.g. offering different equipment to cover site requirement with a lower hire value.
- General filing and archiving
- Any other general administration/department requirements/improvements
The ideal candidate will have worked in a similar role and will have experience of working with at least one of the above (Lifting, Rail and Non-Mechanical Plant). Candidates will be able to work on their own and as part of a team, use their own initiative and able to work under pressure in a busy environment.
This position is office based however candidates will have their own mode of transport given our clients’ rural location.
- Plant Hire
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job