Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Each day, we make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services, enabling them to do and achieve more.
We’re committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand and daily deliver extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer rich rewards that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves.
The SME market segment remains a strong opportunity for outstanding growth, and as such we require Business Development Managers joining our Small Business Sales Team. This is a telephone based role (no face to face client interaction), specifically, providing consultative dialogue to inform and close sales and increase spend of small business Card Members.
Candidates must have a proven track record of driving results in a sales environment and extensive cold-calling experience. Strong communication skills are critical.
Success will be measured by number of new Card Members signed, booked charge volume on new Card Members, effective pipeline management, time management, ability to engage / motivate prospects and leadership skills.
- Winning new business on a mix of warm and cold leads via effective consultative selling - understanding customer needs and offering the most appropriate product and services
- Building and managing your own pipeline, managing sales leads from identification and initial contact through close, carefully tracking and actioning leads across the sales cycle
- Maintain high level of product and service knowledge including product features and benefits, competition in the financial services space, and relevant developments in target industries
- Demonstrate the ability to collaborate and influence external customers
- Master rapport building, handling objections, and professionalism
- Work with internal teams in New Accounts and Risk Management to provide all relevant information to correctly evaluate applications and assign lines of credit on new accounts
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Telesales experience in a B2B sales environment
- Consultative selling experience and proven track-record of meeting and exceeding sales goals in a sales/cold calling environment
- Demonstrated track record of managing lead pipeline through the sales cycle
- Ability to influence and negotiate with customers both internally and externally and at all levels
- High levels of initiative, self-motivation and time management
- Highly driven with a competitive spirit, strong will to win and passion for selling
- Excellent oral and written communication, relationship building and problem solving abilities
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and comfortable with ambiguity
- Flexibility is a must with a strong focus on exceeding both individual and team expectations
We place great importance on doing what is right, what is best and what is innovative. And we continue seeking people to champion these values and beliefs as we grow. The world’s a big place, filled with big ideas and amazing people. And we want the best of them here at American Express. We’re interested in where you came from, but we’re even more excited about where you will go with American Express.
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process - or need any reasonable adjustments to be made - then please contact the Recruitment Team