Simpson Judge are working with a leading Manufacturer and Distributor who are looking to recruit a Slovak Speaking Management Accountant to join their team in Altrincham.
Reporting directly to the Financial Controller, you will have sole responsibility for the financial management of the rapidly growing chain in Slovakia, with genuine opportunities for professional growth and career progression within the Group over the longer term.
Main duties of the role
- Legal, Regulatory and Statutory Accounting & Reporting - Provide the financial governance & control and deliver all reports and returns as necessary, to protect the business and to ensure it operates within the legal, statutory and regulatory requirement of the market.
- Management Accounting & Reporting - Prepare the management accounts and KPIs together with meaningful commentary & analysis to meet the group timetable and the needs of the management team.
- Business Planning & Financial Analysis - Prepare budgets and forecasts
- Commercial Business Partnering - Become a valued partner to the Country Managers offering insightful financial analysis and commercial challenge.
- Payroll Processing -Undertake the accounting and reporting of the payroll for Slovakia and working closely with the HR Team on associated legislative reporting.
- Experience of working in a lead financial role in a commercial retail environment.
- Experience undertaking month-end procedures and preparing management accounts including Balance Sheet reconciliations, inter-company reconciliations, month end journals and accruals and prepayments.
- Experience and willingness to perform transactional accounting activities including the inputting of sales and purchase invoices and daily bank reconciliations.
- Experience of preparing and submitting VAT returns, Intrastat returns, Tax returns, Payroll returns and statutory accounts
- Experience of running a payroll process.
- An understanding of all aspects of financial planning and control, cash flow forecasting and budgeting.
- Slovak speaker.
- Part-Qualified accountant with up to date knowledge of best practice and relevant financial legislation
- Comfortable working independently of direct supervision and able to demonstrate personal initiative and drive.
- Ability to work under pressure, to manage expectations and priorities in order to achieve deadlines
- Be a strong communicator and possess an ability to develop trusting and credible business relationships.
- Have a questioning and inquisitive mind - not afraid to ask questions or challenge convention, nor to drive improvements and efficiencies as appropriate.
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Management
- Vat Returns
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job