My client is a leading value-added and highly-respected international manufacturer of specialist films with a reputation for first-class people development. The business is now looking to recruit a Slitting Manager to manage the slitting plant production assets and resource, to ensure safe and efficient delivery of quality film on time to customers, whilst controlling budgetary costs and driving process efficiency improvements. This 24/7 manufacturing site has recently received investment and is expecting a prosperous future.
The Slitting Manager will have responsibility for 6 direct reports and c137 production employees on site.
- Reporting to the Production Manager, you will form part of the site leadership team with; 6 direct reports consisting of 5 Shift Supervisors and 1 Day Foreman.
- Provide guidance and support to Supervisors and Team Leaders on production related issues and highlight areas where improvement is needed on performance and financial control.
- Lead, promote, and facilitate continuous improvement activities with production employees to identify methods to improve product quality, output, and cost.
- Facilitate the completion of robust route cause analysis and corrective action implementation to prevent reoccurrence and reduce internal and external customer complaints.
- Coach and develop LEAN manufacturing capability, including the communication of a clear rationale and strategy from the shop-floor upwards.
- Drive and deliver improvements in key operational areas (OTIF, Process Efficiency, H&S, and Reductions in Waste).
- Oversee and plan the long term department training and competence management to ensure people skills fit for future manufacturing needs.
- Work closely with planning to ensure maximum throughput and minimise waste.
- Preferably Production related degree qualified or HND educated.
- Proven track record of leading a Production team in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong leadership ability, comfortable engaging at both a "shop-floor" and executive level with internal and external stakeholders alike.
- A demonstrable track record of LEAN and Six-Sigma implementation within a manufacturing environment is highly sought after.
- Demonstrate the desire and capability to learn, grow and take on additional responsibilities.
- Strong ability to analyse data and formulate action plans.
- The enthusiasm and drive to motivate, influence and develop others in line with business objectives.
- Drive safety initiatives in line with business targets.
- Lean Manufacturing
- Process Efficiency
- Production Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job