Slitter Setter/Operator / Temp to Perm / £9.39/£11.27 per hour
A Slitting Line Setter / Slitting Machinist / Slitter Setter is required for a well-established steel processing company based in the Halesowen area. Duties include setting and operating a wide coil slitting line, processing various types of steel coil. Temp to Perm contract, working rotating shifts of days and nights Mon to Fri. Rate of pay is £9.39 mornings. £11.27 per hour nights. Daily attendance allowance of £9.74 payable after 12 weeks
Full Duties include -
- Setting and running a wide coil slitting line, processing coils up to 1500mm wide
- Checking and setting of shimless tooling on the machine using Edgemaster
- Selecting and using correct tooling for slitting heads and separators
- First off, in process and final quality checks using measuring equipment, reporting of any non-conformance
- Loading and unloading of coil onto the machinery using a pendant overhead crane
- Supporting the line when required, banding / packing / labelling of slit coil once processed
- To manage and co-ordinate activities for other personnel working on the slitting line
- Ensure all Health & Safety procedures are met and adhered to
Applicants MUST have experience with setting and running a wide coil slitting line, be able to set and run ALL stages of the machine, and be able to confidently oversee 2nd or 3rd men on the line itself. Must also have an excellent awareness of health & safety checks and following procedures, as well as promoting good housekeeping on the machine. Licenses for Overhead Crane & Forklift truck are highly advantageous.
Rate of pay is £9.39 on days. £11.27 on nights. A daily attendance allowance of £9.74 is payable after 12 weeks
2 shift pattern rotating weekly of -
Days - 6am - 4:30pm Mon to Thurs, with a 2:30pm finish on Fri Nights - 6pm - 4:30am Mon to Thurs, with a 2:30am finish on Fri
The position is a long term contract with a view to permanent for the right person.
The company are a multi-national steel manufacturing business, with sites all over the world supplying steel products to various industries.
If you think this Slitting position is right for you, APPLY NOW! For more information contact Stephen Parker at ASC Connections.
/ / in/stephenparkerasc
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.
- steel processing
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job