Smart Teachers is recruiting for an SLD Teacher / Severe Learning Difficulties Teacher / SEN Teacher / Special Educational Needs Teacher for a secondary SEN school based in West London. The school caters for students with severe learning difficulties (SLD), profound or multiple learning difficulties (PMLD) and Autistic Spectrum Disorders (ASD). The successful SLD Teacher / Severe Learning Difficulties Teacher / SEN Teacher / Special Educational Needs Teacher will cover all teaching duties and will have strong behaviour management skills. This role will start after Easter on a temporary basis until May 2018 with a possibility of extending.
About the Role
- SLD Teacher / Severe Learning Difficulties Teacher / SEN Teacher / Special Educational Needs
- Role to starts April 2018 until May 2018 with the possibility of extending
- Will be teaching a group of nine KS4 students
- Daily rate starting from £130 - £180 depending on experience
About the School
- Thriving special school based in west London
- Ofsted rated 'Good’ with outstanding student behaviour
- Pupils are aged between 11-19
- All students have a statement of Special Educational Needs
- Caters for children with severe learning difficulties (SLD), profound or multiple learning difficulties (PMLD) and Autistic Spectrum Disorders (ASD)
In order to be considered for this role, the SLD Teacher / Severe Learning Difficulties Teacher / SEN Teacher / Special Educational Needs Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
- Must have QTS (Qualified Teacher Status)
- Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum
- Previous experience of working in an ASD school or department, preferably in a special secondary school
- Experience with Makaton and PECS (desirable)
- Team Teach trained (desirable)
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
- Free CPD workshops
- Regular social events
- Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV quoting job reference number NVC36520.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job