Five Education are working with special and secondary schools across Bristol supporting children with SEND. One of the most common needs we are supporting with at the moment is with communication or SLCN (Speech Language and Communication Needs). Children with a variety of special needs require teaching assistants who can use alternative and augmentative communication methods (AAC).
This includes PECS, Makaton, Signalong and Speech Generating Devices (SGD). Candidates who can use these methods or similar are required in both mainstream and special schools. Candidates will most likely be working on a 1:1 basis with a particular child. We also have additional supply roles (supporting 1:1 or in a whole class) should you want to start work right away.
All of our candidates must have recent experience supporting children, ideally in a care or education setting. You will be working under the direction of the class teacher but the ideal candidates for this role will be proactive and confident.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Assisting and supporting students with SEND which will include communication needs
- Using alternative and augmentative communication methods (AAC) to support the child and helping them to access the full curriculum
- Assisting the class teacher and working with other LSAs in the class.
- Being flexible and adaptable
- Assisting the children with their social development
- Attending inset training as necessary
- Prepare resources for differentiation under instruction from the teacher
- Experience working with children who have SEND
- Experience using AAC methods such as signalong, Makaton and PECS
- Confident and proactive
- Patience, flexibility and dedication
- You will be able to demonstrate strong behaviour management skills
- Have a right to work in the UK (A Valid Visa)
- Two recent child based references and relevant DBS/ Police checks
- Access to bicycle, car or near main bus routes.
- Able to work 8.30-3.30, 5 days per week term time only.
Five Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of the staff we employ to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo checks including a barred list check, reference checks and will need to have a DBS; there will also be a face to face interview.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'