SLA05179 - IT Technical Systems Engineer Technology Services
South Lanarkshire Council is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic IT professional to join Information Technology Services. You will work as part of the Networks Team to deliver and support the core IT infrastructure critical to keeping the Council operational.
You should have technical proficiency in IT Network support along with one or more of the following areas and knowledge of the others:
- Networking, Switching & Routing technologies
- Firewall maintenance and configuration
- Broadband technologies
- Network load balancing
- Wireless technologies
- Network Management
As an experienced IT professional, you will be expected to:
- Demonstrate technical, analytical and problem solving skills
- Perform in a demanding, fast paced, evolving environment
- Be capable of interpreting and understanding customer IT infrastructure requirements
- Deliver under tight time scales
In addition, you will be expected to demonstrate:
- A strong background in customer support
- Excellent communication skills particularly when liaising with colleagues, customers and suppliers
- Flexibility in your approach to work
- Ability to work under instruction
- Attention to detail at all times
You must have the ability to travel throughout South Lanarkshire
As part of our approach to good practice and safer recruitment we carry out a number of pre-employment checks for example, Identity, Asylum and Immigration and employment history etc.
As this post involves accessing the public services network, the preferred candidate will be subject to the Baseline Personnel Security Standards (BPSS). The preferred candidate will be subject to a Basic Disclosure provided by Disclosure Scotland prior to a formal offer of employment being made.Requirements
Please note all correspondence with be sent to your email account.
South Lanarkshire Council are Equal Opportunities employees and encourage applications from all members of the community. As a user of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum behaviour requirements for the position.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'