Skills Tutor - Orchard Manor- Young Adults (SEN)
Location: Meldreth, Cambridgeshire/Hertfordshire border
Salary: £19,250-£22,000 (Depending on experience and qualifications)
Hours: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm (35 Hours per week)
Essential Criteria: Teaching or training qualification and a Level 3 qualification in Health or Social Care or equivalent
Closing Date: Friday 28th February 2020
Interview Date: W/C 9th March 2020
Aurora Orchard Manor
Orchard Manor offers supported living and learning for young adults who have server and profound learning difficulties. It is one of the few places in the country who can support those with such complex health needs and associated difficulties.
We work with people with multiple disabilities who may have sensory and physical impairments and will benefit from specialist facilities designed to meet their needs.
Orchard Manor provides a transitional opportunity moving from education into adulthood with a focus on person-centred programmes to promote independence.
The primary role of a Skills Tutor is to provide challenging and interesting learning programmes and opportunities for people using the Skills Centre, who have a learning, physical, emotional or associated disability.
- Ensure the individuals have personalised development plans that meets their needs, aspirations and agreed outcomes.
- Ensure that the individuals have personalised transition plans that meets their needs, aspirations and agreed outcomes
- Keep accurate records, carrying out all recording and reporting in a person centred and factual manner.
- To undertake any other tasks, duties or projects of this post and as directed by the designated line manager.
- Raise appropriate and important issues or concerns in a timely manner with their line manager, suggesting ways in which they could be addressed.
- Work safely and ensuring contractual and regulatory compliance so people who use our services can trust, feel safe and have confidence in the support provided.
Please note that duties will vary due to the nature of the business, so you must be willing to lend a hand wherever is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Teaching or training qualification
- Level 3 qualification in Health or Social Care or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in relevant field
- Working with young adults with complex physical and learning difficulties
- Keeping written and electronic records
- Able to judge and write meaningful outcomes in consultation with young people with learning difficulties
- Ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate learning programmes
- Ability to be proactive and creative as a practitioner
What’s on offer?
- 30 days’ holiday including bank holidays
- Life assurance and pension
- Perk box
- Free parking
By becoming an Aurora Skills Tutor you’ll be choosing a truly rewarding career and, with development plans for both Aurora and Orchard Manor, you too can make someone’s life awesome.
For more information on this position please contact /
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
The Aurora Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young adults in our care and is a disability confident and equal opportunities employer
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'