Expected Interview Date
Week commencing 26.2.18
Job Description for Skills Trainer & Person Spec
To deliver training programmes to support those furthest from the Job Market to access employment in the Engineering and Manufacturing Sector
- Develop a programme of practical training and engaging session work
- Develop client’s skills to be able to be employed in the Engineering or Manufacturing Sector
- Contribute to the on-going development of schemes of work and curriculum plans that fulfil the requirements of the programme. Attend and participate when requested in meetings and produce reports as requested.
- Raise client’s confidence and self esteem
- Establish progression opportunities to clients and employers as part of the review process and in line with established career plans
- Develop pathways into employment or further education
- Work with employers to ensure candidates have the right skills and attitude
- Participate in sales and PR events and promote a positive company image, and be able to respond to business opportunities.
- Deliver workshops and facilitate learning for participants
- Deliver interesting and exciting project work to support clients and employers
- Undertake health and safety risk assessments in order to maintain a safe working environment
- Manage a full caseload of students and employers and respond to queries from employers and students concerning the New Directions programme.
- Maintain a high standard of training and assessment and ensure performance targets are achieved.
- Provide IAG and signpost learners where required
Assessment and Administration
- Evaluate and review learning materials, updating schemes of work, lesson plans and resources where appropriate
- Assist clients to identify, clarify and assess their needs and refer or signpost to relevant intervention where appropriate
- Use management information systems to monitor and action student performance against targets within Individual Learning Plans (ILPs) and take appropriate action.
- Ensure all required paperwork is kept up to date, accurate and meets the requirement of the funding and awarding bodies
If you would like to be considered for the Skills Trainer Role Please Click “Apply” below
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job