Skills Development Coach
Home based with occasional travel
Full time, Permanent
Who we are
The BPP Professional Education Group is a global education provider delivering world-class professional qualifications. The group delivers undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes and professional qualifications across the UK, internationally and through innovative online learning platforms.
BPP Professional Education is one of Europe’s leading specialist providers of professional education, delivering a range of industry-leading Professional Qualifications, Professional Apprenticeships, Professional Development programmes and Learning Media. We enjoy a trusted advisor status for many of our clients and institutes and offer professionals opportunities to progress through a variety of qualifications in accountancy, tax, insolvency and banking and finance.
What you’ll do
BPP Apprenticeship School is recruiting for a number of Skills Development Coaches to accommodate the demand needs within the school across several of our apprenticeship programmes. We are looking for highly motivated, practitioner-experienced candidates to bring high quality support, nurture and develop talent within the sector. The overall purpose of the role is to support each learner to develop their knowledge, skills and behaviours to successfully complete their apprenticeship.
The Apprenticeships for which we are seeking Skills Development Coaches are:
- Investment Operations (levels 2, 3 & 4)
- Insurance (levels 3 & 4)
- Risk & Compliance (level 3)
- Business Administrator (level 3)
- Senior Financial Services Customer Service Advisor (level 3)
- Financial Services Customer Service Advisor (level 2)
You will be responsible for the on programme delivery of apprenticeships skills and behaviour standards within one discipline. This will include coaching and provision of high quality support, guidance and feedback for your own caseload of apprentices enrolled on Apprenticeship School apprenticeship programmes within that discipline and support of your team, where necessary.
- Minimum 5 GCSEs to include Maths & English at C or above.
- Significant Practitioner experience relevant to the industry
- Experience of managing stakeholders (particularly customer/client relationships)
- An ability to take responsibility to develop own knowledge and skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- The ability to effectively plan, organise and prioritise workload
- Ability to communicate professionally and work closely with and support all stakeholders
- Excellent computer/IT skills
- Experience of working autonomously and managing own workload efficiently and effectively
- Industry relevant accreditations or certificates
- Membership of a relevant professional body
- TAQA level 3 assessors award or equivalent
- Some experience in teaching or of delivering training and seminars in a commercial context, relevant to the discipline
- Coaching/mentoring both formally and informally
- Experience of work place training
- Experience at using video/webinar conferencing systems
- Experience of work based assessing
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced DBS check.