Skills Coach Required, Hillingdon, Greater London
Start Date- ASAP
Salary- From £65 -£70
Contract Type- Permanent/ Long Term for the right candidate
GSL Educationare currently looking for a dedicated skills coach to work within one of our client schools located in the London Borough of Hillingdon. We are looking for someone experienced at building positive relationships with disengaged young people. The role includes 1:1 sessions, administrative duties and the delivery of some PSHE activities.
Our client is a state school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 16. It is a friendly, safe and caring place, where everybody matters. They respect each other, the environment and themselves. They recognise that all their pupils have enormous potential and therefore help them to build a happy, healthy and successful future. Their aim is to instill in each pupil an understanding of their inherent value and the value of others to enable them to go on to live in the world as independent people and meet the challenges of the 21st Century.
- Educated to GCSE standard in English and Maths
- Safeguarding training
- Working with vulnerable students
- Delivery of alternative and therapeutic interventions for student progression
- Experience of working with students with challenging behaviour
- Experience of successfully planning and delivery of a range extra-curricular activities e.g. Young Enterprise, Duke of Edinburgh, Sports Leadership
- Good interpersonal skills to enable you to assist with liaison between student and school or other agencies
- Commitment to recognizing student achievement and to raising standards
- Ability to deal with challenging behaviour
- Enthusiastic and committed, remains motivated, even when under pressure, to ensure that a high standard service to the customer is maintained
- Maintains focus when dealing with a variety of tasks or priorities, seeking early guidance and support when necessary, and responding to that guidance to ensure that daily tasks are completed
- Committed to reflecting on own
- performance, seeking and accepting constructive feedback and learning from own experiences
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We welcome applications from all teachers who feel that they can add value to an already flourishing department and whom can prosper in a highly effective, fast-paced environment. Candidates wishing to apply are requested to forward a copy of their CV to our Primary & SEN Education Consultant Hinal Patel as soon as possible.