We will also consider applications from candidates looking to work in Birmingham/Manchester
Who we are
The BPP Professional Education Group is a global education provider delivering world-class professional qualifications. The group delivers undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes and professional qualifications across the UK, internationally and through innovative online learning platforms.
BPP University Business School provides a range of carefully selected programmes with a professional focus to get our students on track for their business career. Our links with leading businesses help us to design and deliver highly relevant programmes, tailored to meet the needs of today’s business climate.
What you’ll do
We are recruiting for a Skills Development Coach role to accommodate the demand needs within the school across our HR apprenticeship programmes. We are looking for highly motivated, practitioner-experienced candidates to bring high quality support, nurture and develop talent within the sector. The overall purpose of the role is to support each learner to develop their knowledge, skills and behaviours to successfully complete their apprenticeship.
You will be responsible for the on programme delivery of apprenticeships skills and behaviour standards. This will include coaching and provision of high quality support, guidance and feedback for all apprentices enrolled on relevant HR, Business School apprenticeship programmes. Key responsibilities will include:
- Provide a structured and appropriate development journey for the apprentices enabling them to maximise their full potential
- Deliver induction and industry relevant skills and behaviour sessions both face to face and online
- Ensure monthly performance update on learners and progress reviews with learners and line managers
- Work collaboratively with client services, line managers and apprenticeship support
- Provide feedback to the apprentice on their progress against knowledge skills and behaviours relevant to their standards
- Facilitate and moderate discussion forums
- Communicate effectively with learners via the VLE and other appropriate tools and actively encourage learner engagement with their programmes using resources available
- Provide academic (both pre-submission via advise on continuous development of learner e-portfolio’s and post-submission) and safeguarding support to learners
The Business School also has opportunities in the tutor or management roles across our programmes, which a Skills Development Coach in this role could get involved in.
Essential role requirements
- Educated to degree-level or other equivalent qualification and/or relevant work experience.
- Significant Practitioner experience relevant to the industry
- Experience of managing stakeholders (particularly customer/client relationships)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- The ability to effectively plan, organise and prioritise workload
- Ability to communicate professionally and work closely with and support all stakeholders
- Excellent computer/IT skills
- Experience of working autonomously and managing own workload efficiently and effectively
- An ability to take responsibility to develop own knowledge and skills
- Ownership and accountability
- Team orientation
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced DBS check.