Skilled Sheet Metal Worker
Location: Great Dunmow
Our client is a well-established company based in Essex with many years’ experience in the architectural and secondary steelwork industry, they design, value engineer and manufacture many types of metalwork for almost every type of public or commercial building.
A position has become available for a Skilled Sheet Metal Worker.
You should be used to working from auto cad drawings and CNC operated machines.
You should be fully conversant with press brakes, guillotines and punches.
Ideally have knowledge of CNC cutting machines and auto cad drawing
Responsibilities and Duties of the Skilled Sheet Metal Worker:
- Shaping and cutting out sections using hand tools and Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) machines and presses
- Finishing items with grinders and polisher
- Select types of sheet metal or non-metallic material
- Measure and mark dimensions and reference lines on metal sheets, from engineering drawings
Essential skills/experience required of the Skilled Sheet Metal Worker:
- Ability to read fabrication drawings
- Good understanding of sheet metal work and be conversant with press brakes, guillotines and punches
- Be able to work with Mild Steel, Stainless Steel & Aluminium
- Read drawings, understand geometry and trigonometry for bending/ angle calculations·
- Must be motivated and have a flexible approach
- Experienced with various CNC software would be an advantage
- Willing and looking for overtime as the company is very busy
On offer is a competitive salary & benefits package commensurate with experience.
To apply for this role please send your CV via this jobsite.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of this Skilled Sheet Metal Worker role then please apply now!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job