My client manufactures components and assemblies that are used in a range of industrial and analytical equipment. These include instruments used for the manufacture of silicon chips for the electronic industry though to mass spectrometers that are used for pharmaceutical development and food safety.
The accuracy and precision of detailed features on these items is critical to their functionality and they now have an opening within our existing team for a Skilled Fitter. This role requires a keen attention to detail combined with an ability to consistently work to a high standard as well as a desire to drive improvement in a team environment, possibly obtained in a tool-making role, within the aerospace industries or through a time-served apprenticeship.
Responsible to: Fitting Supervisor
- Detailing & de-burring of machined components; tapping, by hand or with tapping machines; fitting of Tappex and Helicoil inserts.
- Saddling of tubes to create fitment utilizing hand tools; seal-face creation / enhancement on machined components.
- Wet/bead blast and/or sanding of machined components/fabrications to create uniform surface finishes; weld burn removal.
- Continuously improve work methods (including within the team and with other functions both within and outside the organisation), processes and procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Responsible for the administration of internal and external (customer) documentation in order to ensure that finished product conforms to the required specification. This includes scheduled maintenance of plant and associated equipment.
- Communicate professionally with colleagues and customers in order to ensure that information is shared effectively and in a timely manner.
- Responsible for managing own time and prioritising workload to maximize the effectivity and throughput.
- Work within the company's and relevant regulatory (including Health & Safety and Quality) guidelines and policies.
- Perform other duties in relation to job role as considered appropriate by management.
- Full training will be given however the successful candidate will already possess machine shop/fitting experience and have a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of fitting processes. They must also be prepared to contribute to their own learning and development within the role.
Our overall package includes:
- 39 hoursworking week
- Night shift premium is 25%
- Monday to Thursday on 4 x 10 hour night shifts.
- All overtime at 1.5 x base rate
- Life Insurance 4 x Annual Salary
- Sick Pay after 12 months continuous employment, 12 weeks payable within any 12 month period
- Attendance Bonus, currently £540 / year paid in December, rules apply
- 25 Days holiday + 8 Stats
- Stock and Shares Purchase scheme
Salary is highly competitive & above average. The range is dependent upon whether the candidate is apprentice trained
- Tool Room
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job