We are looking to recruit for a Site Team Leader for a school in Colchester. You will be organising the maintenance & caretaking operations of the school and undertaking effective supervision, caretaking, maintenance, Health & Safety and security of the site and related resources.
- To organise and be physically involved in the work of the caretaking and site maintenance team.
- Providing access, where possible, to the premises and classrooms in the event of snow or minor flooding or similar emergency situations.
- Making arrangements for and carrying out of routine procedures or inspections on ancillary equipment, e.g. checking automatic pumps and areas subject to flooding, and the maintenance of batteries.
- To arrange for the site team (including the postholder) to carry out first line repairs and maintenance which are not beyond the competence of the staff concerned, for example:-
- plumbing work
- plastering work such as repairing cracked or broken plaster, making good damaged walls for example following the removal of say, shelving or similar fittings;
- Make arrangements for window cleaning by the site staff/or contract cleaners.
- Ensuring that all areas within the confines of the site are free from litter and dead foliage and that all gutters, drains and gullies are free flowing and clean.
- Preparing the school premises and site for out of school activities and clearing up after these activities.
- Assist in the appropriate induction and training of site team.
- Completing forms for the requisition of stores and repairs or raising purchase orders within delegated authority.
- Motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- Must have an enhanced DBS check.
- Ideally experience in a similar role.
- Permanent position.
At The GBN Group Ltd/ta Pyramid Recruitment Services we would love to provide feedback to every applicant that submits an application to our advert, however this is not always achievable due to the high volumes of applications we receive. We kindly ask that if you have not heard back from us within five days of submitting an application to note your application, on this occasion, has not been successful. The GBN Group Ltd/ta Pyramid Recruitment Services are acting as an employment agency for the advertised role. The GBN Group Ltd/ta Pyramid Recruitment Services team of consultants are all experts in their field of recruitment, these include, but not exclusively, engineering, back office staff, management, sales and temporary staffing solutions. The GBN Group Ltd/ta Pyramid Recruitment Services team has a number of years’ experience helping find the right positions for their candidates and the right people for their clients. The consultants are all passionate about delivering a professional and efficient service. With a centrally located office in Colchester we are well equipped to assist with staffing requirements (both temporary and permanent) throughout Essex and Suffolk, across a wide range of sectors.
- Health Safety
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job