Are you an experienced Logistics, Operations or Landfill Site Supervisor looking to take on a new challenge? If so Viridor are recruiting and are looking for individuals just like you!
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit a Site Supervisor for our Shelford Landfill team in Canterbury, working 45 hours a week.
In return for your hard work as our Site Supervisor, we can offer a competitive salary per annum plus excellent benefits, including:
- A free helpline for health, legal or personal issues available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Free eye tests and prescription and safety eyewear where required.
- A contributory pension scheme - helping you plan for later in life.
- Childcare vouchers, payroll giving (charity donations from salary deducted before tax) and cycle to work schemes are all available through Viridor Extras,
- Discounts on local gym membership and some of the biggest retail brands
The ideal Site Supervisor:
- Qualified by Experience (to relevant level)
- IOSH Supervising Safely or equivalent Health and Safety qualification
- Good working knowledge of relevant Health and Safety practices and training particularly in risk assessments and safe operating procedures
- Relevant plant and machinery including operation and first line maintenance
- Experience in driving plant e.g. Tractor, Waste Compactor, Loading Shovel, 25 Tonne ADT, 360/180
Site Supervisor Responsibilities include:
- Provide full operational supervision to the site and manage the safe operation and maintenance
- Assist the Site Manager in the up keep of all site documentation in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Manage day to day liaison with contractors and visitors
- Work closely with the department’s landfill gas team to ensure best advantage from both operations.
- Deliver safe and efficient site operations at all waste management facilities within your remit.
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, APPLY now for the role of Site Supervisor.
Closing Date: 17th May 2018
- Site Supervisor
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"