Dewhurst Hughes Construction are currently looking for a Site Supervisor to work on numerous large projects.
Working with some of the largest construction companies in the UK you will be working for a forward thinking and well respected company who really care about their employees’ well-being and support their professional growth.
As a family run company we see quality over quantity and want to keep our team small but to the highest standard. Our aim is to grow the Dewhurst Hughes team so we can become the sole supplier to all of our current clients and build a reputation where we are recommended for high profile projects.
As the Site Supervisor you will be working closely with the Managing Director to develop and grow the Dewhurst Hughes Construction management team over the next year, with a business plan to employ a permanent Quantity Surveyor and additional Site Foreman / Managers.
About the role
As the Site Supervisor you will be required to oversee numerous projects from start to finish, as well as coordinating with trades and sub-contractors to ensure that the programmes are delivered on time and within budget. As the Site Supervisor you will be responsible for all health & safety on all sites and will work closely with the Managing Director to ensure excellent standards of working practice.
- Inspect all sites and ensure it is in satisfactory condition for the safe execution of works
- Plan the work in advance and check the availability of labour, plant and materials.
- Comply and maintain systems for managing sites health and safety
- Supervise direct employees and subcontractors
- Form a strong working relationship with the Site Agent and work collaboratively on all initial site set ups, ensuring company systems and procedures are adhered to
- Provide weekly progress reports to senior management
- Provide data and records for labour with the Quantity Surveyor and site management teams to ensure timescales are met
- Coordinate with the Quantity Surveyor to ensure all bricklayers measures are as project quotes
- Coordinate labour activity alongside Managing Director for all bricklayers on sites
- Attend all site meetings, as required, to discuss job programme progress and future requirements
- Coordinate with Site Managers to ensure all new operatives on all sites are inducted and familiarised with all project related RAMS and company procedures
- Carry out periodic tool box talks with operatives on sites
- Ensure that material levels are maintained and conveyed back to the Quantity Surveyor every week
- Order all materials for all sites
- Allocation sheets to be completed correctly with the actual hours worked being input and submitted the following day. Ensure there is a detailed description of works in the area provided.
- Record all materials / plant / hire on the allocation sheet.
- Oversee the projects phase work from sub structure to superstructure to final snag and hand over
Expenses - workwear, tools
1 weeks paid holiday per year, whilst under current self-employment agreement
Future prospect of becoming a permanent employee receiving such benefits of sick pay, holiday pay
Annual Christmas Bonus
Production Related Bonus
- Project Management
- Site Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job