Purpose of role:
To support one of our high profile customer sites, we are looking to add to our maintenance team, with an experienced qualified electro (ideally) mechanical engineer steeped in delivering not only fault rectification but PLC / Controls and technical fault support to a site.
This is a rotating shift role responsible for being the customers (and Dematic's) point of contact for all technical fault management.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced site engineer, who has developed the reputation as a "fault guru" within the team, and is looking for a challenging technical role.
- Error management ownership inculding control of Dematic's representation at error management meetings
- Technical fault management control providing the link between Dematic on site engineers and the customer and any 3rd party support required
- Managing the agrred KPI and communication process for all faults including escalation
- Identifying process failures and learnings from all fault management processes for continuous improvement
- Targeting maintenance activities at top 10 issues as identified by scada analysis
- Manage root cause analysis of faults to ensure improvements are continuously looked at
- Support and drive equipment availability optimisation
- Manage theshift teams trainng matrix and drive continous learning of the engineers
- Support the delevery of data analysis to site management team
- Support and ensure compliance with H+S legislation and practices at all times
- Utilise DMMS to ensure maintenance work is carried out on time and to the correct standards to ensure that faults are minimised by appropriate PPM
- Create how to guides for faults and PPM's and ensure these are updated when new faults occur
- Define support and lead lean six sigma projects on site
To be successful in this highly business and site critical role you will be an experienced engineer; apprentice trained: (NVQ3 /HNC / HND); with an advanced understanding of PLC equipment; having built a reputation for being the "go to person" on site for fault dignosis; you will have a desire to lead the improvement of equipment maintenance and have an enquiring mind as to how things work in order to look at improvements and technical fault issues.
Above all you will be an experienced site engineer who wants to take on a technically demainding role but one where you feel team management isnt for you.
Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 6,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located across the globe. Dematic has implemented more than 4,500 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.
Headquartered in Grand Rapids, Michigan, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- PLC Programming