Manufacturing Site Services / Manufacturing Facilities Engineer…Days…£45K - £46K
My client; a leading manufacturer are part of a global organisation that are expanding year on year. The North West based production facility is currently recruiting for a manufacturing site services / facilities engineer.
* To be a fundamental part of the Engineering team that is responsible for;
o Manage the safety and operation of all site facilities, services and contractors.
o Management, control, development and maintenance of the facility including:-
? Primary services - Gas, Electric, water, effluent and drainage.
? Secondary services - refrigeration and air handling / conditioning, cooling towers, chilled and hot water systems, hygiene system.
? Security, CCTV, Fire / ammonia alarm, sprinkler system, fire extinguishers, access control.
? Development of the BMS system to improve performance and reliability of all services and plant, provide effective monitoring and data reporting of all site services to manage and control usage to an optimum level.
? Fuel, oil and gas storage and spill control measures.
? Site drainage
o To ensure that the services provided enable the manufacturing facility operates efficiently and effectively as practically possible.
* Responsible for the safety, legality and quality of all products and processes within the remit of the role.
* Responsible for the maintenance of our facility including buildings, grounds, services and associated financial controls.
* Responsible for the contractual aspect of the work, ensuring the contractors fulfill their contractual obligations in a timely manner and within budget constraints maintaining activities on schedule and taking corrective action where necessary.
* Communication to all internal and external parties of work schedules and improvement works.
* Ensure all maintenance schedules are provided by suppliers and meet the needs of the equipment to maintain services at all times; schedules to be part of the overall plant preventative maintenance system.
* Promote energy and waste reduction providing a monthly services performance report.
* Contingency planning for all services - failure / leak / spill; future development plans in liaison with the project team.
* Work towards Continuous Improvement programmes, waste and energy saving and 5S, annually complete a full site review with recommendations and proposed investment plan.
* Stock inventory control of all spares for plant services.
* Evaluate critically of all equipment and plant to determine spare parts and preventative/ predictive maintenance strategy.
* Manage and control the financial engineering facilities budget.
* Set up and maintain a library of machine manuals, catalogues, as built drawings and modifications etc.
* Responsible for the organisation of work required on service contracts and contractor management.
* To monitor machine downtime and take all possible steps to minimise loss of production capability.
* To follow up on engineering team any corrections/ improvements to the equipment PM's based on equipment failures.
* Produce monthly KPI report, issues and actions required.
* Responsible for the legal duty of care owed to employees and others.
* Responsible for understanding the relevant requirements of the health and safety policy.
* To promote consistency of procedures and work methods, and the principle of continuous improvement.
* Identify areas for training and succession planning within the engineering team in conjunction with Head of Engineering and Chief Maintenance Engineer.
* To define and promote safe working practices within all operating procedures.
* Responsible for Health and Safety of new equipment and processes.
* To undertake risk assessments of new and existing equipment and processes.
* Member of Health and Safety Forum.
* Educated to degree level or HNC with time served apprenticeship.
Graduate equivalent (electrical or mechanical engineering) and have at least 5 years post graduate experience (2 in a project role)
* Experience in management of a small team of engineers.
* Engineering knowledge (including electrical, mechanical and refrigeration).
* Hands on management and experience of budgetary and purchasing systems preferred.
* Microsoft Office Computing
* Experience within a multi-site, 'blue chip' manufacturing FMCG business
* PLC, analogue and digital control systems and instrumentation.
* Minimum 3 years experience of project/capital experience of installing complete process/packaging systems from initial design to final completion in a FMCG environment.
* Project programme software experience
* CAD knowledge
* Problem solving and resourceful
* Good interpersonal skills
* Excellent communication verbal & written
* Good commercial/business acumen * Confident to give team presentations
* Confident to give technical presentations to both internal and external parties.
* Practical and detail conscious.
* Decisive and influential
* Team worker with self motivation
Please send your CV to:
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.