Site Reliability Engineer
Haywards Heath, West Sussex
£50,000 - £60,000
Company Background & History
Our client is a high-growth fintech, named in the FinTech 50 and Times Tech Track 100 'ones to watch’. In 2018 and beyond they will continue to develop its API and launch a suite of product in the website and admin platform driven by that API.
- Work with QA team to build out our automated test suite
- Work with the DevOps team to incorporate those test into our CI suite and further automation of Software Releases
- Performance analysis of production systems
- Help to build and maintain internal tooling
- Provide support to Op’s team - issue triaging
- Contribute to R&D - Prototypes
Skills & Experience Requirements (in rough priority order)
- Hands on experience of Testing automation, both API & Application level. Using tools such as Selenium, Nightwatch, Postman etc.
- Experience conducting Performance & Security reviews
- Familiar with CI/CD tools and processes
- System administration knowledge a plus, as is experience with AWS and Heroku
- Database and data integrity knowledge a plus
- An Engineer at Heart: You know when the solution is getting too complex or fragile, and it’s time to refactor and simplify. You’ll be able to just feel when something isn’t right.
- Completer Finisher. You want to give users the best possible experience but also recognise that perfect is good finished.
- Philosophical. On occasion ideas and code you love will not make it into production, you will need to be able to move on.
- People person. You are energised by a high amount of contact with a wide range of people. You value diversity and are sensitive to different environments & cultures.
- Team ethic. You make change happen by working with & through others.
A light, modern space, close to shops, cafes and restaurants, and just 5 minutes’ walk from the station (Brighton 14 minutes, London Victoria 42 minutes).
We believe in the importance of a great working environment, and both our spaces have adjustable-height desks, comfortable break-out areas, and well-stocked kitchens (including free Nespresso).
- A competitive salary
- 25 days’ paid holiday (plus public holidays)
- Matched pension
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan for travel or parking
- Discounted gym membership
- Insurance discounts
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee assistance scheme
- Automated Software Testing
- Quality Assurance
- System Testing